RGT Queen Anne bashed with Newport (plus lots of alterations)

Melt

That is a stupendous house!  It's so beautiful and is going to be a joy to fill.  I agree that I wouldn't change the shape of the roof.  I do like Sable's idea of adding some trim to the square roof--maybe make a sort of widow's walk up there?

• Like 1

The top of the attic and also the top center of the roof has wiring taped down.  We had already thought of covering it with slate, turf, or something? With trim around.  So that will be my project. 

If you are unhappy with the Attic roof you could try adding a top to the mansard like this. 

Image result for mansard roofImage result for mansard roof

Or you could trim out the top with railing in the vein of this

Image result for dollhouse mansard roof

Wow. Those are great ideas! I think I'm trying the trim to see how that goes.  Trying to figure out flooring for the flat part of roofs.  There was a suggestion of gray felt and I'm looking at other materials online too ☺️

13 hours ago, Melt said:

Wow. Those are great ideas! I think I'm trying the trim to see how that goes.  Trying to figure out flooring for the flat part of roofs.  There was a suggestion of gray felt and I'm looking at other materials online too ☺️

Another suggestion would be the 0000 wet-to-dry sandpaper which is usually black/ very dark gray.

• Like 1

Wow!  I can't imagine the SIZE of that amazing house!  LOL  I have a Newport on my bench at the moment, and it fills the ENTIRE table!  Can't imagine adding the Queen Ann to it yet!  :eek:   You are going to have SO much fun decorating that!  :ohyeah:

Thank you Jackie.  I'm done with new houses for now. I have this one, a Noel Thomas Ray Urh Tower House, a Beacon Hill, a Hand made treehouse and a saloon.  I'm so addicted!!!  On the his house, my favorite room is the game room upstairs. I've already put in a lounge, huge bar, card table, roulette table, etc...  the room is totally custom and huge!!  So much fun!  

That is a gorgeous house. Thank you for posting the pictures.

Connie was the one who had to order my dollhouse from Majestic Mansions, since MM doesn't sell retail. Lisa and I have wanted to go over and see her store for ages.

Did you know that other store in Renton is closing already? And I never did get to go over there and see that one.

Yes. I know Debbie in Renton.  She texts me every day.  Her store did close.  Sadly, she sold all of her valuable items ( that were never for sale for sale when the store was opened) to a woman in Canada. Debbie is very nice and the store closed 6 weeks ago, but I think she is still trying to go to shows. 

Sandy in Seattle (now by appointment only, but does classes) has some inventory.  Connie's store has really grown and she does custom items as well.  I go to all 3 as they are very different.  

How about matching railing around the edge to make a widow's walk?  Access through the attic? The railing would tie it into the rest of the house, and maybe break up the boxiness. I personally like it as is.

Thanks for the lead on CNJ Miniatures. Being new to this hobby, I need to find some miniature shops not too far from me.  I live on the Kitsap Peninsula and Edmunds is just a ferry ride away.

Sandi has great stuff.  Lots of things from Paris.  She spends a lot of time overseas now, hence the appointment only store on Alki Beach in Seattle.  Yes, fun to find miniature people near me!!  I live in Fall City (bottom of Snoqualmie Falls).