Mini Towels

Roxxie2

I was wondering what anyone has used for their mini bathroom towels.   I am working in half scale (1:24) and thought that I could cut up old towels that I have and fold them for the linen shelf.  They are way too thick for this scale.   Ideas??   

I got baby washcloths at the Dollar Store.  They are thinner than a regular towel.  Probably not perfectly in scale for 1:24, but not bad.  You can see them in the Bungalow bathroom and the Merrimack bathroom, which are both half scale.

I used baby washcloths for my 1/12 poolhouse but I folded them in thirds. If you use them as a single ply it should work for 1/24.  Actually they are one continuous piece folded accordion style to look like numerous stacked towels.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=115374&browse=1

• Like 2

I used a t-shirt knit fabric from my local sewing shop. Can't recall exactly what it was, but it was slightly fuzzy on one side, so I put that side facing out. No fraying either, so just cut it nice and straight and folded it up.

Also Maria's fabrics sells a very fine thin towelling (although I wouldn't use it in 1:24 scale).

• Like 1

So,  I was digging around in my fabric stash and found a pile of felt.   I have a rainbow of colors.   I cut strips of felt, folded them and they make perfect towels for my half scale bathroom shelf!    I used 3 colors found in the wallpaper..

:)

• Like 3