re Victorias Farmhouse

Thimble Hall

As I said before I picked up one from Craigs list, I have removed all the shingles and bought new ones as they were a mess but another thing looks odd to me, can anyone help. it is the narrow trims. I hope this doesn't sound too muddled.

There are 3 peaks on the house, one at the front and one at each side. There are some narrow trims decorating them, about 1'4 inch and painted red.or navy The front I think is Ok but the sides are different to each other and it is annoying me .On one side there is a red strip halfway down going across from side to side, that's all. On the other side there isn't one in that place but there is a red one way down at the bottom from side to side and a navy  strip very high up going side to side.  Surely the two sides would be the same would they not.. I want to take them off then replace them correctly but I don't know how to get them off. I have tried the hair drier and no go. I have looked for pictures on the net to see where the placements should be but cannot find a clear picture. I wondered if someone is building this house they could take a look at the plans and let me know.

I have managed to get pictures on. The first picture shows the only thin red band not quite hallway, the second shows the navy band  but higher up and right at the bottom is a red band I do hope someone can advise me. these little things are so irratating

P1010051.JPG

P1010052.JPG

P1010053.JPG

It appears that the trim wasn't finished. It is all the same on the one I recently finished. It's mostly like your front gable, but I think mine has an additional piece on the sides, or at least it is more defined in it's paint scheme.

Here's the link to the product page on the RGT website. There are a few views on there. Maybe those will help you some. As far as removing them... Not sure I have any ideas other than heat and a putty knife or something else flat. Or maybe just try to add trim to make them the same. Good luck!

https://www.realgoodtoys.com/products/victorias-farmhouse-dollhouse-kit

Hi, yes I see that mine is very different. I had sort of anticipated wanting to change that so I ordered a pack of assorted bass wood strips off e bay. I hope that was right. I guess I will get them off even if I have to break them and then I can  make a balanced pattern with the strips, if they are the right thing, they haven't arrived yet. The shingles have got here with the dye and I have the old shingles ones off but will wait till everything arrives before I touch anything, I ordered doors, strips, indoor doors , bannister railings etc so I just have to be patient. Do you by chance have any pictures of yours so I can see what they should look like eplease.

2 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I have never used Xylene but if I need rubber gloves would it not strip the paint of the side of the house too

If you're redoing trim, wouldn't you repaint the house anyway?

possibly, but I wouldn't want to eat into the finish if avoidable as it is in perfect shape and we are only talking about a couple of thin strips and if they  come off clean there may be just a bit of light sanding to do, but if it is  the best  stuff to use  for the job I will have a go. I just needed to know the answer before I did so.