How do you attach lights? What glue?

Thanks ladies. @otterine I resorted to super glue in the end because it was all that would work, I was just wondering if there was a better option. :) The lights are not particularly heavy but the the coach lights on the basement have an uneven surface to adhere too so that probably wasn't helping. 

@shannonc60 thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. Is Weldbond available in Australia? Or do I need to get it online? 

I tried tacky at first but didn't work for me, they would eventually detach with the weight. Now I use double sided transparent tape, tesa or uhu both have a good grip. I cut a small round portion to fit the lamp and it's pretty easy to hide and detach in case the bulbs need replacing. I use the same for paintings, mirrors etc, so far they haven't damaged any of my wallpapper.

I use Aileen's Fast Grab Tacky with a drop of super glue...and I use tape to hold the light as it is all drying.  It's especially helpful if the wiring goes through to the other side of the wall because I can tape on the opposite side of the wall and the lights stay very straight.  I have never had one come down.  

• Like 1

I use glue and superglue like the other ladies. However I had this one ceiling fan that I was trying to glue to a really uneven surface and it kept falling off over and over. I finally resorted to using a teeny tiny piece of loctite fun tak mounting putty and that did the trick. It hasn't fallen off since.