New Stove

Beulah

My new little stove came in for my future Glenwood.  Gosh by the time I get to start it, I will have it all decorated lol.  Kitchens don't usually impress me, but I want my little shabby house to have a cozy kitchen.  It is metal, sturdy and solid.  So many cute ones were painted wood.  This one tickled my fancy.  

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 9.27.21 PM.png

• Like 2

Is this the Bodo Hennig stove? It is so lovely.

Here is a pic of someone else's bodo hennig stove:

IMG_3105.JPG

I seem to remember the Bodo Hennig catalog suggested you could actually put a tea candle in it and boil water. Not sure I believe that. They showed pasta in a copper pot on the stove.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

I have a dollhouse stove obsession, love them all, want to collect them all :) this ones really cute

Me too! :D .. I've bought about 6 in the last month...:shy:   lol

It looks like a Bodo Hennig to me.. I love Bodo Hennig stuff.. totally obsessed.

I think I have one of those, in a box somewhere.  Or one close to it.  I spent the last few days fixing up a Roper stove I got in a lot purchase from ebay.  It had no stove top burners or oven door.  It does now.  I've had an idea in my head to attempt to make a mini O'Keefe and Merritt stove for one of my houses. One day..... maybe

• Like 1

This little stove ladies, is why I love old stoves.  It was in my mum and dad's cottage since I was born.  Then they got a larger one with a reservoir on the end.  So my husband and I took this little one to our cottage.  It was a Findlay Oval Sweetheart.  So many good memories of it.  Cooking Christmas dinner on it, turkey in the old oven.  We sold the cottage because it was too hard to keep it while we lived in Texas as it was in Quebec, Canada.  It was a log home we built from scratch, had the logs scribed, made the stained glass ourselves , Bob made the cupboards out of cherry wood.  The old clawed tub in it came from Bob's grandparents old farm.  It truly was a work of love.  

IMG_1541.JPG

• Like 5

I hope you like it, it's one of my favorite books in my dollhousing library, goes into the history with lots of pictures. Definitely gave me a new appreciation for the dollhouse kitchen. 

Also great for inspiration as far as timeless items to fill your kitchen with. It's not a how to book but I was able to make a few things just by looking at the pictures. Really cute hutch ideas too. Since it's historical kitchens it's not strictly 1:12 scale but pretty close. 

• Like 2