HELP!!! Dollhouse lighting options - protecting glass

deadbird

Hi everyone, 

I am currently building a doll house and I've just bought a set of small christmas lights and a plastic chandelier with a single glass bulb inside. My problem is, i'm making this as a part of a school assessment to be marked and glass is not allowed. Does anyone know if i could possibly use glue to seal and protect the light globes while making them appear as plastic? Or are there possible alternatives to glass lighting? Any help would be wonderful - I am perfectly fine with flouting these marking guidelines (they are in place for safety for the markers but I'm not sure how a 1cm long broken lightbulb could do much harm). I can post photos if necessary =)

Is is required that people have access inside the house? If not, you could put plexiglass on the outer opening of the house so it could only be viewed. That would also protect all the contents of the house.

4 hours ago, deadbird said:

...I'm not sure how a 1cm long broken lightbulb could do much harm...

Anything that can create a break in someone's skin creates a potential portal for infection.  Why risk it?  Save the chandelier for a future dollhouse build, or install it after your assignment has been graded & handed back.

How about a general introduction in the Newcomer's Forum?  Is this assignment a scratch build or a kit build?  How did you get a dollhouse for an assignment?  Is this leading you down the primrose path of miniature making?  Nosy inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 1