Victorias farmhouse

Today I tried to find some interest in a house and did a bit of work on my Victoria;s Farmhouse, I have removed all the thin trims as many were missing and I have bought new ones but there is one part where a strip was missing which is really baffling me Could someone who has this house please connect with me so I can explain the problem.as I am not sure how to put this part on properly.

Thank you Jeannine 

Hi the house I have has been assembled a little different , The siding under the porch left is flush with the house, the siding above the porch is about 1/3rd further back consequently there is no unbroken corner from porch bottom to roof line so I cannot attach a corner molding as shown in the pictures and I don't know what to do, unless I dismantle the walls??

Ok, they are not very clear but I think they may do. As you can see I cannot put a long corner trim on because the bottom siding is further forward than the top piece and as the porch is sitting on top of it there is a small ledge that is in the way

P1010055.JPG

P1010057.JPG

I'd probably use two pieces of corner trim, one on top, one below. Notch the top one to accommodate the little jog of the roof. Then I'd apply a nice ivy vine to cover the awkward joint. 

Remember the mantra: smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors ... :) 

• Like 1

What I would do is use one long piece of corner moulding and insert a piece of strip wood in the right side of the second floor gap. I think an uninterrupted corner would be more aesthetic. The second floor section would look like a beefed up column on the upper porch.

The other thing is that because the section is in the wrong place it now means that the doorway inside  sits exactly next to a wall piece so there is no place to put a trim round the door. Well I guess I have two choices, wing it or dismantle it. Thanks for the help at first I thought it was supposed to be like this and it was driving me insane. Your ideas are all good, thank you

I have been fighting the Victoria for over a year. My granddaughter loved the layout and wanted that one. Since the beginning it's been nothing but a hassle. The weight alone is enough to make one not want to make another Ever. It sucked up paint like a sponge. If I was going to use an entire gallon of paint, (even after primer) I'd rather paint a room in my real house.

I find the instructions oddly written and sometimes clumsy. Had this been my first house I'd have scraped it. As it is, it's nearing completion.

I do agree that your trim is probably where the railing around the upper porch should be.

I also agree that viney plant things are life savers for things like that. Even drooping plants from a potted one can work. (Think wandering jew or arrowhead)

Still frustrated

Sara

Thanks Samantha, I am trying to focus on something..but this house is bugging me and I am a bit nervous of dismantling it so I may move to something else.. maybe not the right time after all. Maybe I will go on e bay and spend a bit instead!!

4 hours ago, Jeannine said:

Thanks Samantha, I am trying to focus on something..but this house is bugging me and I am a bit nervous of dismantling it so I may move to something else.. maybe not the right time after all. Maybe I will go on e bay and spend a bit instead!!

A little bit of shopping therapy is always good for the soul. :) I find myself haunting ebay when I'm stuck on a house issue.