How Many Builds Do You Have Going On At Once?

madtex1967

Fun to hear how each person responds. I can't focus on more than one at a time, most of mine have been big houses. I'm 75% finished with the French Country Manor and now have my Chateau on the horizon.  I did take advantage of warm weather earlier this spring to sand the Chateau outside, and now have exterior paint for it, as well as shingles to stain for it. 

I also have purchased additional wallpaper- not sure which house to use it in so I will have several for the Chateau. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Wow Jodi you've really gone to town on it, can't believe how many pieces you managed to fit into the kitchen and it doesn't look crowded at all. You really are the kit Queen :) 

i probably won't get mine done this year in time for the Holidays but I am going to make my Mrs. Claus very soon. Makes it so much funner to have a figure in the house. Love your doll, Heidi Ott? 

I have had a ball working on every little aspect of the kitchen, and boy do I have stuff stuffed everywhere! I hope to get my canning jars filled and finished this weekend so that I can post some updated progress photos. Yep! Ellie is a Heidi Ott ball jointed. She had a bit of a makeover, as will Jim, her Heidi Ott non jointed husband. I really admire your bravery and skill at making your own dolls - Gertie is wonderful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miniaddicted said:

Fun to hear how each person responds. I can't focus on more than one at a time, most of mine have been big houses. I'm 75% finished with the French Country Manor and now have my Chateau on the horizon.  I did take advantage of warm weather earlier this spring to sand the Chateau outside, and now have exterior paint for it, as well as shingles to stain for it. 

I also have purchased additional wallpaper- not sure which house to use it in so I will have several for the Chateau. 

Heidi what adhesive did you use on the Romney tiles? I bought some of the Ann Marie tiles for the New Orleans build, but they came with no instructions. I may just be dumber than most, but at least having a sheet of instructions makes me feel a little more confident!

Oh my goodness, Mildred is adorable @Beulah 

I'm making enough mess with one build going. But I do like to break off into small projects of lighting and furniture to break the monotony.

I say if you have the room to start another then go for it. :)  

I have 3 going right now. I started with the Garfield and got the base and staircase done. Life intervened and had to put it up for awhile. (lack of room to work) So I started on the Greenleaf Travel Trailer. Got as far as sanding and life intervened once again (lost my workroom altogether) so it is put up for awhile. I just got the Brimbles Mercantile and I intend to get this finished before I go back to the others or get any more. (famous last words?)