Red Riding Hood etc

Thimble Hall

LOL! I keep telling myself that I'll wait to buy another but we'll see how long that lasts. I told my sister the other day about the Greenleaf Haunted House and how it had all the stuff missing from my childhood dollhouse and she got really excited and said I should get it to 'finish' it. And then the Storybook I've mostly dry fitted but looks like it needs an addition to allow for the kitchen I originally hadn't realized it needed. The 'owner' said he just wanted a study to snuggle in during the cold months and a nice garden to tend to outside when the weather was nice. Then he kept talking about tea, and various snacks he would like to munch on, and how lovely that Chrynsbon kitchen cabinet would be... I asked him where we were going to put it and he just pointed through an empty window hole. All I could do was just mentally facepalm. LOL! 

I'd love to see how your pixie would turn out. My little guy is vinyl and still needs to be finished with proper clothes and some hair, but even at that he doesn't seem to bind too much so far. From his choices in decor he seems to be one of the more refined pixies because he has more manufactured minis that suit his style than many of the other pixies/fairies are intended to with their acorn cap bowls, twig furniture, and more of what would be expected in a modern fairy garden setting.

When I stop and think about it, it's hard not to think about being surrounded by boxes of dollhouse kits would be a very happy existence indeed. :D 

29 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

The one who dies with the most toys wins.

21 minutes ago, Sister Kyoya said:

I'd think that the one who lives the longest with the most toys wins. :D 

I'll take option 2, please!

4 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

In what sense do I beat you Holly?

The number of kits you've acquired and the rate you're getting them built, dear heart.  I've slowed 'way down and loaded up on other projects again.

Holly my love, getting them delivered and getting them done is very different. I have five currently partly done ,6 if you count the caravan  that I have spread out but not one is finished and 7 if you count the Glencroft that I have the parts marked and some sanded for.. Tonight I finally got the last shingle on Joe's house so on that one I am close.

I am so slow it is a wonder that real moss isn't growing on them.

One of the problems is I just get going then I realize I am short of something and have to wait and wait to either find it or have it delivered so I begin something else why I am waiting. My stash of bits is growing  nicely but I always seem to be short of the "something" I need for the next step.

Thought for the day.. I have to accept and embrace that stuff and skills are much different, with that thought in mind I KNOW you have me beat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

I KNOW you have me beat.

One of the most wonderful aspects of this obsession hobby is that it is to each of us a perfect fit, no matter if we are builders, decorators, admirers, collectors (of kits, accessories, furniture, dolls, etc.) or all of the above. We do what we do to suit ourselves, which make us all winners. :clap: 

2 minutes ago, KathieB said:

One of the most wonderful aspects of this obsession hobby is that it is to each of us a perfect fit, no matter if we are builders, decorators, admirers, collectors (of kits, accessories, furniture, dolls, etc.) or all of the above. We do what we do to suit ourselves, which make us all winners. :clap: 

Amen!

I also think it is very important, well to me for sure, to know  that finishing is not that crucial. Finding something that has a meaning, collecting, opening up the parcels, building,, changing my mind, and restarting are very good forms of therapy.

I made houses for kids years ago, not very challenging. My husband imported a huge expensive British kit for me that we intended to do together. Missing parts prevented us starting it, then his illness prevented it, when he was close to leaving me thinking about the house carried me through the bad parts, the missing bits arrived and I found finding stuff for it helped .I soon became aware of other houses we would have made if we could and I bought them. After he died the houses helped me through a very hard time and they still do. I have plans for all of them, many will have bits of him entwined within them. It is not important to finish them,it is unlikely at my age I will, it is the doing and finding that he would have liked and so do I. When I get discouraged I know he is in the background cheering me on. This is my reason for becoming a miniaturist..oh maybe I am too much of a novice to claim that title. My husband made miniatures , I did miniature sewing etc, the houses were something we were going to do together ,  I find peace in my workroom, using his miniature tools and I feel we are doing them together after all... Thank you sweetie XX