What does everyone use to cut wood on your projects

Goldenrodfarm

I use large power saws, routers, miter saws and such, but they definitely are lacking when trying to do some small things.  The miniature miter box I have is limited due to only two angles, 90 and 45 degree.  I wanted to cut multiple tiny pieces at 30 degrees the other day, and it was not very easy to be highly accurate.  Also stripping some wood to 1/4" is touch and go on either of my big table saws.  I realize that most dollhouse making requires only 90 or 45 degree cuts, but I could see that furniture making may benefit from other angles.  So do any of you use minature power tools?  I could see a lot of use from a mini miter saw, and a mini table saw, the alternative to a mini table saw is to buy wood that is precut to the correct size, for me that would be mailorder only.  Neither of these power tools are outrageously expensive for wood cutting considering the expense of buying tiny pieces of wood for a dollar or more each.  1/4 x 1/4 inch pieces on amazon are $12 for 10 pieces or $23. For 50 pieces, obliviously the 50 piece set is a much better deal, but for just a few dollars more I could get the small 4" table saw.  I would like to use such square stock on my mini dremel lathe, plus maybe a 1/2" x 1/2" stock, but to play around with pieces of wood that are $1.25 each makes that stuff pretty dear by the board foot.

I used the Midwest Products Hobby & Craft Super Easy Cutter for cutting wood strips.  It can cut several angles and is easy to use.  I've had a few of these and some work great while others don't cut as well, but they do have several angles to choose from.  I was just cutting through 1/4 by 1 1" wood so 1/4 by 1/4 would be no problem.  You can find it on Amazon, most dollhouse sites, and craft sites.

Micromark microlux mini table saw. Does any angle and combo angles as well. Somehow I always need a 27degree cut and this tool is perfect for that. Pricey.  I love mine.  I can blue tape multiple boards of wood together and miter them all at once. 

http://www.micromark.com/MicroLux-Mini-Tilt-Arbor-Table-Saw-for-Benchtop-Hobby-Use_2?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI47PImv6M1gIVTFYNCh19TgDREAQYASABEgLkcvD_BwE

I use the Miter Master I got from Micro Mark for angled cuts.  I have a cheap mini table saw from Harbor Freight for small cuts.  For most things I need a power saw for I use our bandsaw, like the parts for these dining chairs:

56d51c1440c68-parlor1.JPG

For straight cuts I'm as likely to use a cork-backed steel ruler and my box cutter.

I have all the above listed tools. I also use a Proxxon mini scroll saw, Dremel Trio and my full size band saw. As a hand tool, in addition to the Midwest cutter,  I have another small cutter that does repeat cuts well. It's called a The Chopper II by NWSL (northwest short line) It's a model railroad tool. It has a nice layout for angle cuts of small wood. We are model railroad builders so have collected many items from the train and model shows we've been to in the past.

59ae1138c0646_NWSLchopperII-Copy.jpg.f6d

I use the MicroLux Mini Miter Cut-Off Saw from Micromark.  I absolutely love it.  I was so incredibly thankful for it this past weekend, when I started doing the siding on the Merrimack.  It is all done with strip wood, some applied vertically and some at an angle (I was using primarily 45 degrees and 10 degrees when cutting my wood).  Doesn't do as many fancy cuts as the one Sable has, but it's generally sufficient for my purposes.

I do have a scroll saw, both full sized and the small dremel one, but I was looking for something to strip wood along with miter cuts.  I would love the micromark saw but it is way out of my budget, most of my tools have been Christmas presents from my younger brother or my nephew! I was wondering about the cutter, it seems like it would crush the wood slightly on the ends where it is applying pressure not sawing motion.  It would be better to have something that is multipurpose rather then a tool for each thing I do, especially since I have so many full sized tools.  I have the dremel table router, and it is handy to make tiny trims that you can't do on a big table router, but the problem of stripping wood is still there. I have tried to cut strips on one of my table saws, but is a somewhat dangerous occupation, often the small strips get caught and flung around like missels.  I may look for a mini inexpensive table saw for now and just make a miter box with the correct angles, I think I could do that on my big miter saw, or with a protractor and the razor saw, I will have to work that out.  Thank you for all your input, it helps when I am trying to mull things over.