The Washington

stickyfingers

I cannot figure out what is different between the two. Someone posted that the instructions for 2.0 are slightly different.

I don't care for that kit as it is so small, but I have seen it done up as a tole painted house and it is lovely:

Kit_Washington_2.jpg

and I think a "cabin" version is also quite nice:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/70/e0/fe/70e0fe0fa3aef880fc75fc8bac367b08--mini-houses-miniature-houses.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

...Holly, do you have pictures of the interior? How small is it? are the rooms too small to work with?

The rooms are small:

farmhoue back (2).JPG

Except for the tthree Michal's hutches, the crib in the attic and the artisan-made side table I made all the furniture to fit.

KathieB made her Washington 2.0 into a haunted house:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=6340

9 hours ago, havanaholly said:

10 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

The exterior looks like it would make a neat haunted house, too.

9 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Yes ... small rooms, but it made a lovely Haunted Hangout as there wasn't a need to take up space with a bathroom or stairs or a kitchen. See more details in my Blogspot Blog. You might notice an extra post on the front porch. That was the result of not paying attention to where the posts were to go and incredibly efficient glue that rendered the misplace post impossible to remove. :D 

Oh my!!! That house is just so cute!! Love the skeletons! Were they Halloween decorations, or made for dollhouses? I really like all of the details and interesting accessories, and very nice to not be bound to the standard "house" details, like a kitchen and bath. I'll have to keep all of this in mind if I have a house with tiny rooms.

Linda, you used to find garlands of 1:12 size plastic skeletons at Big Lots this time of year.  You can heat their joints in boiling water to pose them.  Deb used them on her Houseboat:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=1476

• Like 1

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Linda, you used to find garlands of 1:12 size plastic skeletons at Big Lots this time of year.  You can heat their joints in boiling water to pose them.  Deb used them on her Houseboat:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=1476

I got one of those garlands - I thought the skeletons had great details. I took one and it sits in the back of the tiny attic eave of my Pierce. It sounds morbid, but for some reason it works.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I didn't boil 'em, I just used my scalpel ... ummm, eXacto knife ... and neatly severed the joints, then used super glue to reassemble them. Deb's houseboat was a big part of my inspiration. :) 

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

I didn't boil 'em, I just used my scalpel ... ummm, eXacto knife ... and neatly severed the joints, then used super glue to reassemble them. Deb's houseboat was a big part of my inspiration. :) 

Yes, surgery is another excellent way to pose the plastic skeletons.

• 10 months later...
On 9/5/2017, 10:53:20, stickyfingers said:

What is the difference between the Washington and the Washington 2.0? It doesn't look like this is a very popular house, as I don't see many pictures of it here or on the web. Anyone know about this house?

On 9/5/2017, 10:53:20, stickyfingers said:

I'm considering a Washington, so I'd appreciate comments that specifically address stickyfingers' original question:  What is the difference between the Washington and the Washington 2.0?

I have only built the Washington 2.0, so cannot answer your questions.  The Washington has been out of production for many years, so I believe that the Washington 2.0 is a re-issue; beyond that, as I stated, I don't know.   The rooms are much smaller than the Laurel, as I learned when I built it.

• Like 1