MY FIRST KIT - THE FAIRFIELD

JAX

I had built a dollhouse from scratch and made a lot of mistakes, at the end of the process it was a good first attempt, but quite large. By then I was somewhat educated about scales so I decided to go 1:24 scale. I purchased the Fairfield kit on Ebay got a good price for it as it was under $70. I have spent much, much more since then putting it together. I have also made qute a few amendments especially to the attic space and the entry hall. I am almost done with the shingling and will go on to the exterior trim and lastly insert the windows. The windows are all prepared and I have dry fitted them. Thought it might be of interest if only I could transport the pictures.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JAX said:

Thought it might be of interest if only I could transport the pictures

Hi Georgiana. Welcome to the forum! Of course it is of interest. When you've made five posts you can open an Album in the Gallery to post photos of your Fairfield. We love eye candy. :)  If your photos are posted on another site, you can paste the link into your message to send us there to see them.

Georgiana, usually I welcome new members in the Newcomers' Forum, because that's usually where I find new folks' introductions.  Welcome to the little family.  Once you have your Fairfield album started you might make an album showing us your scratch build.

Thank you Holly. I am guided. I tried to do an introduction in the Newcomers forum, don't know how that translated. I am afraid I am technologically challenged but I try and will eventually find my footing.

Good evening everyone. I hope the hurricane season is not treating you all too badly, I am fortunate to have missed Irma and her fellow who was trying to chase after her. Usually we are in the pathway of hurricanes here in Jamaica, but we have been blessed so far this season. For those who suffered losses my heartfelt sympathy to you. Does anybody know if Greenleaf has made any dollhouse kits that can be transformed into a Georgian mansion? I suppose a front opening would be best?  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome!

I'm New too. :-D I'm interested in your Fairfield, because I just bought the kit on Amazon, but have been waffling on weather or not I want it to be my first Dollhouse.

It's such a popular kit, but most people say that Laser Cut Dollhouses are easier to put together.

May I ask: Did you find yours to be challenging?