San Jose, Ca. Good Sam Miniature show

• 1 month later...

@cloudbound

Yes, I did go to the Good Sam Show. It was my first big show. I learned a lot for next time I attend one.

Rule #1 I did not bump into the lady’s walker. She was using it to push her way to the front

Rule #2 Don’t be shy and courteous about getting a view of the vendors table, or I will never get some goodies.

Rule #3 It’s is all good. No one cares if you invade their personal space.

Rule #4 All of the vendors are friendly, but frazzled at the initial rush. I got to speak to some great people when I left and came back.

Rule #5 Make a point to try to meet someone from the Greenleaf forum. (Best Part of the experience)

So here is my haul…..I’ll try to give you the vendor site in case you see some you are interested in buying.

The bronze battery operated chandler was sold by A Wee bit Teeny modern miniatures. I bought one in silver as well. Her prices are reasonable IMO. She was a very nice lady. Check out here site.

The cute little blue garbage pail is for my bathroom. By Dena’s Dollhouse Miniatures.

I met Carol and Tomas Kubrican of true2scale. Very neat couple. She has tons of little goodies. I bought the sunflower dish decals on the right and some dishes,

I met Volker Arnold. He made the nativity scene and little house in the picture. I saw him featured in a miniatures magazine recently. He was a nice gentleman and was happy to talk to my husband about laser cutting etc.

I bought three Jane Harrop kits. Very nice husband and wife team. Her husband told me all about their new line !960's era kits.

I also bought a little kit from Robin Betterly. All around nice family.

The cake plate and teddy bear block are from Vilia miniature. They are from Italy, and had tons of plates and chat chis,

One really neat thing I saw was a man who sells tiny trains that go around your mini-Christmas tree. They were very nice and had some reasonably priced items. I didn't buy any, but the hubby was impressed.

P.S. Ross says "hello" to his brother in Australia. (Sam's tenant)

Good Sam 1.jpg

Ross says hi.jpg

• Like 2

You have GOT to be kidding me!  I went to the annual Parking Lot Sale at The Elegant Dollhouse in May and I found the same thing - it was hard to get close enough to some tables to see what was there.  And the things there were mostly used or handmade by the attendees in the area.  The Sacramento area apparently has so many dollhouse/mini enthusiasts that they have more than one club.  One lady that was selling tiny pots and clay items said that her club concentrates on one thing while the other clubs concentrate on others.  WHOA!  Can you just imagine having that many mini-lovers living close together?  We have no clubs here in the Reno/Carson City area.  I wish we did though.  Imagine being able to get together to share ideas and techniques!  

I think I might have seen something on the internet a year or so ago showing that Jim Pounder had held a class at that Good Sam Show and people got to make those gorgeous light fixtures he does.  (drool)

4 minutes ago, cloudbound said:

Can you just imagine having that many mini-lovers living close together?

I had no idea.  I wish I lived closer to Sacramento.  I have been lucky enough to attend four different miniature shows--Good Sam (twice); one in El Cerrito, CA (twice); one in Stockton, CA; and one in Tucson, AZ.  All had slightly different types of items, but I was able to find some fun half scale items at every single one, which made me happy.  My goal is to one day attend the spring shows in Chicago.  For those of you who don't live near any miniature shows, don't forget there's an online show:  http://aminiminiatureshow.weebly.com/  The next one is in November:  http://thenovembershow.weebly.com/

1 hour ago, cloudbound said:

Those fellas are so cool - and RIPPED!  Did you get them at the show too?

A lady from Poland sells them online at eBay https://www.ebay.com/usr/ooakhandmade

***Warning**** naked dolls ahead.

3 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

@Samusa

I  named him Ross because he looks like Ross Green from Friends.??? He has a wife too, but she dosen't have  clothes yet:eek:

Hehe... I thought that immediately I saw you named him Ross. :D

Upstairs Guy has a wife too.. she has some clothes but I'm having issues with her wild hair. :giggle:

My peeps aren't named.. I kinda like the Seinfeld-esque no names just descriptions thing.. :bigwink: ... All animals will be named though.. :D 

Maybe, I'll name them one day... I'm keeping my options open.. :prop:

Oh I am so envious of you. I think braving the crowds was well worth it, I am going to try hard to get to at least one next year.. that's the plan.

I adore the little nativity, that one I have to follow up on, thank you so much for sharing a lovely list of new places to look at, always a treat.

@cloudbound

I don't know what rabbit hole I was traveling down when i came across this newsletter about a mini group in the Reno, Tahoe area. Scroll through the new's letter for region N2 and you should see the article.

https://miniatures.org/node/1295

• 2 weeks later...

Yountruly made some great finds there! The rules are so true too and beat learnt in the mix so to speak.

i had a look at https://a-weebitteeny-modern-minis.myshopify.com/ and found a white Chandelier I fell in Love with but I can't for the life of me find a way to contact her to see if She might ship to Sweden, you didn't by chance get a contact info? 

Looking forward to seeing how your use your New treasures!

On 11/8/2017, 10:32:19, Anna said:

Yountruly made some great finds there! The rules are so true too and beat learnt in the mix so to speak.

i had a look at https://a-weebitteeny-modern-minis.myshopify.com/ and found a white Chandelier I fell in Love with but I can't for the life of me find a way to contact her to see if She might ship to Sweden, you didn't by chance get a contact info? 

Looking forward to seeing how your use your New treasures!

I did have her business card, but I have no idea where I placed it. I may have thrown it away.

Oh wait, she refunded me something. I'll PM you her email address.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I did have her business card, but I have no idea where I placed it. I may have thrown it away.

Oh wait, she refunded me something. I'll PM you her email address.

I am off to write her right Now , Thank you!x

• Like 1