Glencroft additions/mods/bash

2 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone. 

I saw many Glencroft bash where they add a room (usually what it looks like the primrose or a 'greenhouse'). My question is how about a basement? Anyone ever try that? May I see some picures?pleeeease!?!?!?!

23 minutes ago, Gleise said:

Hi, everyone. 

I saw many Glencroft bash where they add a room (usually what it looks like the primrose or a 'greenhouse'). My question is how about a basement? Anyone ever try that? May I see some picures?pleeeease!?!?!?!

A basement is probably one of the easier additions to do to any house as you don't need to construct a pitched roof. The roof is essentially the floor of the first floor. I'm not sure if the Glencroft has a foundation/crawl space.. if it does you would need to omit that part of the build and build the rest of the house directly onto your basement. As long as you have the tools and skill to cut your wood pieces it shouldn't be a problem at all.

I'm currently building a basement for my San Franciscan. You can see it here.http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=128728&browse=1

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• How To Install Windows
      By Lou
      I purchased an almost completely built Glencroft dollhouse at an estate sale. The only things left to do are the windows and doors. No directions came with the house. I have looked at a lot of pictures online but I simply can't figure out how to do the windows. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
    • Scale issue/Toilet
      By mythreecents
      Please ignore the rough finishings in the picture, I'm not done yet. 
      I put some of the furniture in my nearly finished Glencroft, to get a look at the big picture. And the first thing that jumped out at me is that the toilet looks TINY compared to the bedroom furniture. (I've learned that all 1:12 scale is not created equal).  My cottage is of the present time, but was inherited and thus the fittings are a mixture of new, old, and in-between as the previous owners did updates throughout the years. 

I really, really want to keep this style bathroom. But, it looks terrible. My questions are:
      1. Can I make the toilet look bigger somehow? 
      2. Should I just buy a different one? (last choice as my budget has already been wrecked)
      3. Is there some kind of modification that will give the appearance of the toilet looking bigger, maybe dividing the room with a pony wall? I don't want to go full room divider. 
      Advice and suggestions warmly welcomed. 

Novice-ly,
      Liz

• When the windows don't quite fit...
      By mythreecents
      Progress on my Glencroft has come to a halt!  The windows and doors need an exceptional amount of trimming to fit properly. I'm wondering if there's a faster/more effective way than sanding them by hand? I also tried a Dremel but it can't get the corners properly. Any suggestions appreciated before it becomes a pile of toothpicks!  
    • Bathroom style question
      By mythreecents
      Hello!
      I am building the Glencroft (my first build), and the backstory is as follows: 
      The cottage was part of a larger estate in Yorkshire which was inherited by a Canadian freelance writer; the main house house is in a state of disrepair and much too large and draughty for her, so she's decided to live in the cottage and work on her romance novels. (Perhaps the great house will be my next build). There's been a bit of updating done to the cottage as far as plumbing etc, but not too much (it was the caretaker's cottage and he was an elderly gent who passed some time ago). 
      The question is in regards to the bathroom. I'm stuck as to what style of fittings to use. Although the cottage is Tudor style, it's occupied in the present day. I don't want a modern style tub/toilet/sink. I am leaning towards Victorian style, with the elevated toilet tank and clawfoot tub. Advice/suggestions would be most welcome!
    • Hello from BC, Canada! Glencroft just arrived :)
      By mythreecents
      Hello!  After a lifetime of fascination with miniatures, I finally decided on my first true kit. I'd built a dollhouse in childhood, but nothing as complex as this. I chose the Glencroft based on size and style, and look forward to the challenge of getting it together, then the pleasure of choosing the finishings, furniture, etc. My plan is to make from scratch as much of the interior as I can (another reason for choosing a cottage instead of a more formal Victorian style). 
      I am excited to have this forum, as I can see from a quick look that there is tons of information and experience here!
      Cheers