WyckedWood

I wanted to do a simple, beginner level iris tutorial. There were a lot of photos so I put it in my galleries under Flowers and Landscaping. Iris is a good starter flower to try, no hard to find supplies, so you can try it out and see if you enjoy flower making. Also, they make up pretty quickly so it's almost instant gratification :) 

Ill add a supply list here but I tried to be thorough in the photo descriptions. 

-Paper punch in teardrop shape. Mine is apx 5/16, office style punch available @ hobby lobby,etc. there are many punches available that have that teardrop shape so you could experiment with different sizes. I make my outdoor iris larger than ones I would put in a bouquet. 

- Alene's tacky glue

- crepe paper in your choice of iris color 

- tweezers

- scissors

- lightweight paper for leaves  

- toothpick 

- ball stylus

- #24 or #26 gauge uncovered wire and wire cutters or old scissors to cut wire 

- acrylic paint in your choice of leaf color

- foam pad 

- yellow flocking or yellow acrylic paint 

Hope I explained everything ok in the tutorial :) 

Fantastic. Thanks for doing this... I'm going to try them out on my next days off... but first I need to check and see if I have a teardrop punch and then get some crepe paper. :) 

No problem Samantha :) 

Crepe paper is easy to find too, and so many colors.

Heres the link to the album with the tutorial, but adding links never works for me for some reason...

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=8052

I guess that one worked :) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

Heres the link to the album with the tutorial, but adding links never works for me for some reason...

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=8052

Thanks for posting!! I want to try this, they look so real!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

The link works. :)

8 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

You're welcome Amber, hope you give it a try...warning...addictive... :) 

Haha!  That's what I heard about dollhouses and I didn't believe it!  I really thought I'd just finish mine and move on to something else and now I'm on a frantic search for another one to build!  Lol. Better start hoarding interesting papers to make a flower garden to surround it now! :P

• Like 1