"Mini Acres" Sale Houses At Portland OR Miniature Dollhouse Show

10 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Ye gods! Isn't that a Lawbre house for only $75? What time does that place open? Even I might go there and stand in line overnight. I don't recognize the Clell Boyce house, but I like it.

I was thinking it might be a Lawbre knockoff.

44 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I was thinking it might be a Lawbre knockoff.

Hmmm...I think it's the real deal and someone just added an upper porch and recut one of the upper windows for a door. Sometimes people just don't know what they've got. Look at that Thornhill. The name isn't even on it and if it were mine, I'd not only put the name on it but remind people it's discontinued. That's a real buy for that house and it's soooooo tempting. *wipes drool off the monitor yet once again*

I imagine there's going to be a rush as soon as the doors open and the Lawbre, the Thornhill, and the Clell Boyce house (if it is a Clell Boyce house) are going to be the first ones to go. Like less than 5 minutes after the doors open first to go.

It's too bad they aren't auctioning off the houses.

The other houses aren't that bad either, although I'd never pay $900 for a Victoria's Farmhouse. The 3 Story City Property one is a Majestic Mansions Brookhaven Manor house that retails for $262 on the web site, so considering tax, shipping, and that the owner finished the outside of the house, a $38 price increase isn't unreasonble.

I believe the Tudor? house is a Celerity house and they're pretty good quality houses.

Someone check for me - I think the 3 Story Farmhouse is a Woodline house called Grandma's House. I may be wrong on that (I really hate not having my catalogs!).

The House that Jack Built Colonial is a good price, given how expensive those houses are.

The Two Story Saltbox with Attic might be an old Walmer house. Again, I'd have to have my catalogs to verify that.

I was looking at that Vermont Farmhouse kit that's being advertized without a pic because I thought it might be the full sized Vermont Farmhouse and not the Vermont Farmhouse Jr. The large house is 32" wide, so I don't know what to think about that one. If it is the full size Vermont Farmhouse, that's an awesome price because I think it retails (if you can still get it) for almost $500 on the RGT site.

And somehow I keep thinking that sweet shop and the Molly McGrath shop are Celerity models, too, although I'm not sure. I love that garage. You can barely see it, but take a quick peek at how it's finished on the inside.

By the way, the best way to see some of those houses is to save them as an image to your desktop. When you open the image, most of the pictures enlarge nicely.

Well, those of us with teeny tiny brains that can't remember when we said NO MORE DOLLHOUSES and have enabling friends are not so frugal. Even when we don't have money! :cheezy:

The thing is, I have money now, but it's got to stay in my savings account except in cases of emergency. What I'm afraid of is if I went down to Portland, I'd think that buying all three of those houses would constitute an emergency.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

Well, those of us with teeny tiny brains that can't remember when we said NO MORE DOLLHOUSES and have enabling friends are not so frugal. Even when we don't have money! :cheezy:

The thing is, I have money now, but it's got to stay in my savings account except in cases of emergency. What I'm afraid of is if I went down to Portland, I'd think that buying all three of those houses would constitute an emergency.

See - classic case of Seattle money buying up Portland Houses...they think everything is cheap here, lol!

• Like 1

I love them all, good thing I am far away and can't go to the show or I might want to buy them up as well. I have a half scale Thornhill and I was lucky to nab it for $240 the basic house kit that is. I am saving up to buy the finishing components such as majestic mansion craftsman windows and doors and sue Cooke mouldings and fireplaces etc. etc. etc :deal:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017, 2:09:55, rodentraiser said:

Ye gods! Isn't that a Lawbre house for only $75? What time does that place open? Even I might go there and stand in line overnight. I don't recognize the Clell Boyce house, but I like it.

I saw the Clell Boyce up close yesterday - it has fantastic stairs. It's a great house.

The Lawbre house is still available for $75.

The Thornhill has a blank back - they don't all have that do they? I think the builder made it so it was a front facing house and wouldn' t need rotating. There's an opening but not decoration or windows on one side.

An amazing house - furnished and landscape - sold at the auction for maybe $300. A total steal - I will try to get a photo.

There was also a half-scale house for sale - I think it was from a majestic mansions kit. 

On 9/21/2017, 4:04:42, rodentraiser said:

The 3 Story City Property one is a Majestic Mansions Brookhaven Manor house that retails for $262 on the web site, so considering tax, shipping, and that the owner finished the outside of the house, a $38 price increase isn't unreasonble.

It looks like this house possibly has the Bespaq component set which would more than double the price of the shell kit at $262. My component set for Morningside Mansion was $418 while the shell was $272.

The Lawbre house is still available? Oh, be still my beating heart. I don't suppose you have the name and/or phone number of the person selling it, do you? Does she even know it's a Lawbre house? I KNEW I should have gone to that show!

What about the Thornhill? I might have to just contact the person who puts on this show and see if I can get some names. Dang it, I don't need more dollhouses!

5 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Does she even know it's a Lawbre house? I KNEW I should have gone to that show!

Don't anyone tell her!  Maybe she will put it on Craigslist or Ebay and then we can have a race to Portland to see who gets there first.

5 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

The Lawbre house is still available? Oh, be still my beating heart. I don't suppose you have the name and/or phone number of the person selling it, do you? Does she even know it's a Lawbre house? I KNEW I should have gone to that show!

What about the Thornhill? I might have to just contact the person who puts on this show and see if I can get some names. Dang it, I don't need more dollhouses!

I think you can get in touch with Pat Bennet through the event web site. Maybe she can get you in touch with the seller. 

10 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

Now see, you weren't supposed to tell me that. The management here would have cardiac arrest if I brought in a dollhouse that large. And I don't have room in my car to keep any more kits!

Well you obviously need a bigger car, lol! :drool: