Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

Thanks Jeannine & Donna. :)

Jamie is making huge strides forward and they have now decided that she will be ready to fly on Friday. They will care flight her back to Florida on a private jet.. The things you have to go through to get a private jet flight! :D 

Then they are going to set her up at home with 24 hour round the clock nursing care... So awesome that she doesn't have to go to a rehab facility. She will have to "live" in the den for now as she wouldn't be able to get up any stairs but hey.. home is sooo much better than a facility. Her company is going to pay for it all.. She is very lucky to work for such a great firm. :) My MIL is going to move in for a while too.. so she has someone familiar with her while her husband is at work. 

All this means that DH is coming home on Friday. :cucumber: He'll arrive Sunday morning... I'm working an overtime shift that I agreed to long before any of this happened..:ermm:  but I might sneak out and pick him up. :D 

He is a major pain in the butt most of the time but I do love and miss him.. and I'm sick of being the the Mayor of Turd Town... (two large dogs.. one small back yard.. nuff said. :giggle:)

Wonderful news, simply could not be better, I am so happy for you, home is definitely best and who would have thought when you first posted, she will mend quicker and happier at home. I don't know her of course but when you get the chance tell her among the many other folks pulling for her was  a fussy old gal from Canada . It is quite weird in a very nice way when someone you don't know gets into your heart a little and then that heart  feels relief when things get better

Glad too your husband is coming home, that's always good.

XX Jeannine

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

Jamie is making huge strides forward and they have now decided that she will be ready to fly on Friday. They will care flight her back to Florida on a private jet.. The things you have to go through to get a private jet flight! :D 

Then they are going to set her up at home with 24 hour round the clock nursing care... So awesome that she doesn't have to go to a rehab facility. She will have to "live" in the den for now as she wouldn't be able to get up any stairs but hey.. home is sooo much better than a facility. Her company is going to pay for it all.. She is very lucky to work for such a great firm. :) My MIL is going to move in for a while too.. so she has someone familiar with her while her husband is at work. 

All this means that DH is coming home on Friday. :cucumber: He'll arrive Sunday morning... I'm working an overtime shift that I agreed to long before any of this happened..:ermm:  but I might sneak out and pick him up. :D 

He is a major pain in the butt most of the time but I do love and miss him.. and I'm sick of being the the Mayor of Turd Town... (two large dogs.. one small back yard.. nuff said. :giggle:)

This is amazing! Jamie must be one heck of a fighter, but with all of you in her life supporting her like this she is also incredibly loved and lucky!

Yippee for getting the hubby back, and especially for being off the poop patrol! 

What awesome news!!!!  She will heal even more quicker being in her own home.  Jeannine is so right. You all have been on my mind and I can’t even begin - being a stranger - to tell you how thrilled I am that she is doing so great.  I will always keep you in my prayers.  I feel so very sad for those that were taken and I keep their families in my prayers

Thanks everyone. I'll make sure to let her know all my mini friends are rooting for her! I'm sure that all your prayers are working she is making a miraculously fast recovery. :) 

On 10/11/2017, 1:53:21, jbresr said:

Still keeping all of you in my prayers.  Hope all is going well with SIL.  

Thanks Donna.. Yes she is slowly on the mend. They care flighted her home and she has two nurses 24 hours a day. Her Mum has moved in to help as well. She can't move very well or much so needs help for most everything you could think of. Your personal dignity is destroyed in this kind of situation so having your Mum around to help with that stuff just makes her more comfortable. 

As far as long term injuries, she is incredibly lucky that most things will heal on their own with time. The things that will require revisiting surgically at a later date such as her ear, arm and spine.. will happen in all in due time.

Well, I am Jenny-come-lately on this thread, and have been reading it with bated breath.  So thankful your SIL is recovering from this horrible accident.  I will keep her in my prayers as she fights her way back to good health and strength. Praying for your extended family also; even though you're not actually in the accident it affects all the loved ones deeply.

When I work the County Fair season here in WA I lose touch with my Greenleaf family because I can't get this on my cellphone. I'm just now catching up with the news.

1 hour ago, CheckMouse said:

Well, I am Jenny-come-lately on this thread, and have been reading it with bated breath.  So thankful your SIL is recovering from this horrible accident.  I will keep her in my prayers as she fights her way back to good health and strength. Praying for your extended family also; even though you're not actually in the accident it affects all the loved ones deeply.

When I work the County Fair season here in WA I lose touch with my Greenleaf family because I can't get this on my cellphone. I'm just now catching up with the news.

Thanks CJ. :) 

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd let you all know that Jamie got her back brace off yesterday. :cheer: She is able to walk unaided. :D 

She is still having trouble with wounds healing.. she has some pretty nasty areas with no skin (they literally look like she has had flesh eating disease.. but thank god she hasn't!).. They thought one of them was getting infected so they've changed her drug regimen and that seems to have resolved that situation.

She is also going to need orthodontic work as her teeth have all moved due to her shattered jaw. Funnily enough this is the thing that is annoying her the most.. she says she already wore braces once in her life, she didn't think she'd have to do it again.. lol.. She really needs it though because she can't really smile at the moment.. he mouth just kind of makes a grimace when she tries... so hopefully this work will sort that out. Luckily my MIL worked for an Orthodontist for 30 years before she retired 6 months ago.. he's going to do all the work for her. :D 

If her wounds heal, she is going to start back at work 4 hours a day three days a week after Christmas. :) 

This is the best news possible I have been wondering for a while how she was. The going back to work bit is almost unbelievable who would have thought it. She is clearly better, when you get close to death I think at first you are thankful for everything but as you get better you start to grumble about the other stuff, sort of like the itch you get when something starts to heal.It  all could have so easily gone a different way.

Thanks Ladies, yes it is wonderful news and wonderful to be annoyed about silly things like braces. :) 

Of course, this Thanksgiving our thoughts were with the families of her two co-workers who weren't so lucky.