Newbie from Canada found a vintage Glencroft

Good morning everyone,

I'm so glad to have found this site to try and figure out what I'm doing! I recently purchased a 1983 Glencroft dollhouse from kijiji as I instantly fell in love with the idea of this build. I've had a penchant for miniature things since I was a small girl, anything small I tend to fall in love with, I'm not sure why! I was lucky enough to have my mothers old dollhouse given to me as a child and I remember well the struggles of wallpapering to this day! I still have it and may revisit it one day, but for now I'll be working on the Glencroft. The kit looks to be whole from what I can tell.... but only came with the warm up instructions.... yikes! I do not think I can tackle this without so I have contacted Greenleaf to see if they can help. I am eagerly awaiting their response so I can try and get this project moving! Let's hope it doesn't take too long so I can start posting progress and asking questions ! Thanks to all in advance!

Welcome to the little family, Shaleen.  When I built my Glencroft the instructions weren't a great deal of help; fortunately I met Tracy/ Minis on the Edge at that time and when she saw my pictures she was able to straighten me out (she was also building hers at the time).  You can read our adventures in the Team Glencroft building blog:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=blog&module=blogs&controller=view&id=9 whilst awaiting your instructions.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I did call but no one was available, meanwhile they did reply to my email so I'm just waiting for them to do up an invoice for me :) I'm hoping they don't actually mail the instructions and send a PDF instead...... impatience is my forte. Has anyone ever ordered instructions through them before?

thanks again!

14 hours ago, Ijustwanttodecorate said:

... Has anyone ever ordered instructions through them before?

I have!

- they came by snail mail in a legal size envelope.

I wish they'd put them all on pdf :)

I just want to say that I have never had such a positive experience on a web forum before. Ever. I am absolutely shocked by how nice and helpful everyone is, especially you L Swearengin! I honestly can't describe how shocked I am not to have come across any negativity, and all the people who are willing to take the time to help!  You have changed my thoughts on the general state of humanity, thank you! Hopefully I can start posting pictures soon I hope to start the Glencroft this weekend! Wahooooo!

• Like 1

Shaleen,, I would hate to think our forum is unique; the purpose of this forum is to help new miniaturists get started and to share our experiences with building & decorating in mini.  Miniaturists are generally a caring, friendly bunch of folks anyway.  The forum is, fortunately, tightly monitored and destructive, unfriendly behavior isn't tolerated.  Don't become lulled, however, into sharing personal information, as this is a public forum and anybody can read it; also, there are spammers out there and other nasties.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...