Garfield Working Windows Upgrade

Bectile

I am a long way from installing windows, but I wanted to get some opinions.

I have been slowly buying the "victorian working window" from AC Moore using their monthly coupons, and I've gotten about 5 so far. Then as I got into building the shell and reading on this site, I discovered the working windows replacement set for the Garfield!

Is the quality of the Garfield set equal to the Houseworks windows? I want the beautiful detail I see in the ones I have purchased so far, but I have also read that it's very hard to find exact fits.

So are they worth purchasing? :) Even if I do some sort of combination it sounds like they are.

Thanks!

Rebecca

On a side note, I just looked at the window upgrade on this site's store again, and the first feature listed is "Real Window Pains". *chuckle* :lol:

http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Garfie...g-Windows.html#

They do look like good quality windows... :lol:

Rebecca

On a side note, I just looked at the window upgrade on this site's store again, and the first feature listed is "Real Window Pains". *chuckle* :lol:

http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Garfie...g-Windows.html#

They do look like good quality windows... :lol:

Rebecca

Those darn homonyms!

I don't know about the upgrade set. I haven't everseen it in person. I think IAK was the one who used it on her Garfield. Maybe Jamie, too. Not sure.

The housework window will fit the some of the Greenleaf window openings. The problem is that the housework windows are too thick or about 1/2" deep. You may need to bulk up the walls if you choose the housework windows.

he he he... IAK (Irene) wasn't going to get them until I showed her my house and windows, as well as my local store that I got them at much cheaper! LOL The really are worth the $$, but DON'T pay over $125!!! I only paid $99 for mine. I'm lucky to have a mini store very close by.

If you do a search in the forum for "working windows", and maybe include "Garfield", I'm sure you'll come across all the posts I made about them. There are lots! he he Plus you can find out about my store and possibly order them online from her.

Good Luck!!

he he he... IAK (Irene) wasn't going to get them until I showed her my house and windows, as well as my local store that I got them at much cheaper! LOL The really are worth the $$, but DON'T pay over $125!!! I only paid $99 for mine.

That's right, when I saw Jaimie's upgraded windows I just had to have them. I had already installed all the kit windows and had to remove them and do a lot of spackling but it was well worth it. I paid $99 also from a place not far from me, the one that Jaimie mentioned above.

They are nice windows but it takes quite a long time to paint them. I took them apart and when I put them back together they needed to be glued in some places. They are not as sturdy as the housework windows but are much better then the kit. The window part is a lot like glass. Yes they fit perfectly! Here is the link to my pics with window upgrade: Garfield

Thanks for all the responses! Jaimie, I will search the topics. And Irene, I've already drooled over your photo album several times!!!

I'm definitely upgrading, and I liked the "Victorian Working Window" from Houseworks, but I'm not sure if the style fits the rest of the house. Plus there are a lot of odd-shaped windows. I may do a combination? I dunno. I realize the walls are too thin and was prepared to add some bulk. :D

So they aren't as "sturdy" eh? Hmmm. But I still think the set might be worth it even if I just get the odd-sized ones that I wouldn't find anywhere else!

I'll search around for the set! I've seen it on eBay but not nearly as cheap as $99.

Thanks again!!!

Rebecca