Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

Thimble Hall

1 minute ago, Thimble Hall said:

Thank you for the recipes..the only problem I have is with the Splenda as it is quite high in carbs when used in recipes.. by the teaspoon of course it says it is carb free.. another marketing fib.

I will try the Brownie one though as I wanted to try a recipe with almond flour in , thank you so much for it. I have a huge bag of almond which I can run through my processor, apparently you can even make bread with it.

Nell I will also do the pizza crust from the recipe. I am not a big lover of pizza but am hoping if I can come up with a crust I can use it for other things too. Can the "riced" cauli be  successfully used as a sub for rice with a curry etc.

Bless you all

XX Jeannine

I changed my mind last night and had the cauli cheese as planned but did it with a rather large steak and two eggs and I am surprised ...I ate every bit.

Today will be lamb chops with steam veggies

Yes Riced Cauli can be used as rice I have made fried rice with it and everyone in my family loves it . Have fun You can also make Cauli mashed potatoes 

I was also going to suggest the sugar free pudding mixed with heavy cream and topped with cool whip. I prefer the vanilla but the pistachio is good too :) 

Glad to hear it’s still going ok. 

I agree about the rotisserie chickens! 

Tonight we had grilled steak kabobs with red, green and yellow pepper. 

Sunday's don't count on my DIY diet so tonight I had home made deep fried battered fish and chips. I made yoghurt yesterday so for afters I had that sweetened with fresh pureed fruit

Tomorrow I intend trying to make cauliflower rice and make a curry in a cream sauce made with yoghurt  OR  spaghetti squash strands with spaghetti and meat balls.

I made the mistake of giving away my smaller size BBQ which I now regret, there is one over at the main house but it is nearly as big as my car. I think I need to buy a new one.

The kabobs sound good.

Looking forward to playing with all the cauli recipes.I am itching to try the bread one.

Jeannine, would you mind posting or sending through PM your recipe for deep fried battered fish? I've tried that many times with the batter I have and I can never get the fish to not fall apart in the oil. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------

In a couple of hours I'm going to start the refried beans in the crock pot so I can have tostadas for supper. We're about to start another heatwave, so I want something I can just throw together at night and not have to cook.