Half scale. Which one?

7Kidsmommy

Although I work pretty much exclusively in half scale, I've never built any of those houses.  [To Holly's point, I think everyone who does half scale does the Fairfield sooner or later :).  It's not the easiest house to put together and is not laser cut, like the other houses.  I see from your profile you've built five houses, so you'd probably be fine, but it can be a bit frustrating.] The Buttercup is sweet, but doesn't have a lot of room for decorating.  I'd probably go with the Arthur or Rosedale, and because I love front porches, I'd probably pick the Arthur.  What features do you like most in a house?

Im ordering the Arthur tommorow. It was the one that called my name the most. I love that front porch! The Buttercup just looked a little too small for me. Ive also had my eye on the Fairfield too but Ive never done a laser cut before so I want to give it a try first. My husband is going to give me evil looks for buying another dollhouse but, oh well... I'll just tell him that my toys are pretty and his transformers are ugly! I plan to build the half scale houses and put them in my china cabinet in the dining room... im tired of looking at dinerware we never use ;)

• Like 1

I like the Rosedale because it's a different style than most of the Victorian dollhouses out there, and I love the stairs. But of course pick whichever you like the best!