DMC Floss

Mineejv

I was at Wal-Mart the other day, and they had DMC floss for .02 in the marked down section. They had about 75 of them,so I bought them all...... Now, I really have to learn to do the punch needle rugs (that I've been working on) and tatting  (that I've been working on) and other needle work stuff....... Not of a lot of different colors but......... hey, I'll work with what I got !!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a ton of floss leftover from my cross stitch days.  I still do some now and then.  Joanne, please share your instructions for making something with the floss.  I would love to be able to make a rug or something with it.  Thank you,

Patti:       I'm still learning how to do some needle work things..........you can't look to me..... But Karin is a great teacher and dose great tutorials.    She now mentioned French knot rugs, now I have to see how you do that ( I'm have a tuff time doing the punch needle rug).

When I read your post the other day I was trying to remember what I used for a foundation for French knot rugs. Maybe experiment with what you have on hand?  If you don't mind my asking what's the trouble you're having with the punch needle?  

French knots are easier, to me at least...take less thought and special equipment and I love the way they look in mini. I think technically if you're a stickler they are "supposed" to be done with one strand for 1:12 scale but I do them with three. I'm doing this to have fun and enjoy myself, not go blind in the process. The three strand goes pretty quickly. Even if you just do one color, it can make a cute knobbly looking bath rug. 

I think it's me...  I bought fabric that said punch needle fabric MCG textiles at Hobby Lobby,it's 100% cotton. You use  weaver cloth cotton & polyester mix that could be it...or... I bought the needle there too so it might be to big to go though the fabric easy. I'm having a hard time SEEING the needle and keeping it in the right direction . The pile looks the right length. I'm going to do it till I get it !!

I don't remember the content of the weavers cloth, I assumed it was all cotton? I'll look. I made a mark with a sharpie on my punch needle to help me face the needle in the right direction. But depending on your punch needle I don't know how much that would help. If the pile looks right that's what matters, hope you can get it worked out. 

When you talk about French knots ...is that another name for the stitch one would use un normal rug making, one that has a rug hook

OK I found it. I thought looking at the rug shown it had a pile but no . so it is the embroidery French knot you use I think

• 1 month later...