My 1st House - Beacon Hill Haunted Mansion

my minnie me

I just registered, however I’ve been working on my first house, The Beacon Hill, since June (2017). I’ve been thankful to find others who have built this model and have provided pictures and/or tutorials on how some of the pieces go together where the instructions weren’t very clear. My inspiration came from The sea hag house by WyckedWood, although I didn’t use drywall mud on the outside bc I couldn’t figure out how she did it - LOL!  I haven’t seen anyone else who used the Beacon Hill as a haunted/distressed model, but I really LOVE how hers turned out. I wanted to attach pics, but it says the file is too big. Will have to try later on my laptop instead of from my phone

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am now wanting to do a haunted Beacon hill.  Hmm maybe Jeannine it could have stairs to nowhere :doh: You did great Wendy, I can't wait to see more pics.  How did you make it so weathered looking.  

• Like 1

Hi Joanne,

Most of the aging on the exterior I did with chalk paint, crackle medium and acrylic paint.  On the roof shingles I used a dark brown stain and then watered down chalk paint and rubbed it in and then sanded.  I've been trying to post a more recent picture, but for  some reason it says it's too large even though my "properties" say its 120kb.  Will keep trying.

OK, I deleted my two previous pics so I could add a new one.  Used the stone-making technique of using cardboard (like egg cartons) and painting and mod podge for the chimney, if anyone is interested in that.  Just have the roof trim pieces left on the exterior and there may be some other small trim I missed on the bays.  I'll have to post interior pics after I get to my five posting requirement. 

beacon hill haunted.jpg

haunted mansion 2.JPG

Oh and Joanne, I also used distress ink (ranger/tim holtz product) in Walnut after the paint was dry and before I glued the trim/siding onto the house (obviously, only on the "white" pieces).  Oh and thank you for the complements!