Santa Rosa Fire

WyckedWood

2 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Safe travels Monica. Knoxville is a beautiful college town. I have family in Nashville and love Tennessee in general. ((hugs)).

1 hour ago, Selkie said:
2 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Safe travels Monica. Knoxville is a beautiful college town. I have family in Nashville and love Tennessee in general. ((hugs)).

Thanks for taking time to update us all.

Safe travels.

Thanks so much for your sweetness over my tribulations <3 Yes, Tennessee seems to get awesome reviews everywhere I go! I really appreciate your concern over this past month! I'm looking foward to moving on :)

19 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

Hi so good to hear from you and God Bless with your travel to you new place.

Thank you so much Jeannine, and thank you for you kindness! It will feel good to begin again, and start building with you all. Your sweet support has meant a lot to me! <3

8 minutes ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

Nice to hear from you Monica, I have been thinking of all you have had to go through, have safe journeys to TN.

Thank you so much Goldenfarm, and thank you for keeping me in your thoughts! You're sweet, and i so appreciate it! Yes, I'm looking foward to a new life even if it will be in the dead of winter lol. I will posts lots of pics :)

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome home, sweetheart!  I can't begin to imagine the heartache you have been enduring.  It's so good to have you back.  Do post some pictures of your poly clay creations.

Thank you dear Holly! Yes, I'm planning on making as many small creations as i can while in the rv. I have 2 huge cats that are famous for destroyng my dollhouses so, ill stick to things that i can put away at night. Lol I'll be posting soon. Xoxo

1 hour ago, Jeannine said:

You know I think it is better to arrive in the less than best weather then you can appreciate the new surroundings better as the weather warms up

Lol excellent point! Plus, I'll get to light a fireplace. Few things ate more cozy than a fireplace ;) it sounds like fun to me!

1 hour ago, Jeannine said:

My Mum used to say a new home is really home after you light a fire, make a cup of tea  and put a bunch of flowers in it

I'm not sure I'd want to drink the tea after it has a bunch of flowers in it.  Sorry about that, I didn't even try to resist.  Many years ago (well over half my lifetime) we lived in TN and it can be gloriously beautiful in winter.  Monica, both times I built dollhouses in our RV I stashed them & my building supplies in one of the dinette seat bases.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I'm not sure I'd want to drink the tea after it has a bunch of flowers in it.  Sorry about that, I didn't even try to resist.  Many years ago (well over half my lifetime) we lived in TN and it can be gloriously beautiful in winter.  Monica, both times I built dollhouses in our RV I stashed them & my building supplies in one of the dinette seat bases.

I wish i had dinette seats that had storage! This one has a closet but, it's stuffed from top to bottom now. I'll be able to make very small things though. My boys decided to take over the passenger seat over head cabinet as well. Lol that's one less storage space for me but, they are worth it :)

• Like 1

Monica. I don’t post often but I do lurk!!  I am so sorry for all that you have been thru but am so happy to see you back here and moving forward and onto a new venture. I wish you safe travels and do look so forward to your pictures

• Like 1

Hi Monica! I can't even imagine what you've been through these last weeks, and the range of emotion you're experiencing. It is so good to hear the excitement and hope in your posts! And to have you back in the community! You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as you move eastward toward new adventures! Big hugs!

Jodi

I started reading this thread last week and it struck a chord in me. I thought.....time for folks to band together and get Monica set up with miniatures again and as I read, you all were doing just that!  Kudos to this group!  You all are good!

I came back to read everything from the last few days and I see Monica is heading to Knoxville and I think.......no way...no freaking way, that is my neck of the woods. Maybe one day I can head into Knoxville and meet another mini addict! Share a few goodies along the way!

Oh, moving during the winter just means more time for mini work!:bouncesmile: That's how I look at it anyway.

Thank you so much Jbreser!

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017‎ ‎7‎:‎09‎:‎54‎, jbresr said:

Monica. I don’t post often but I do lurk!!  I am so sorry for all that you have been thru but am so happy to see you back here and moving forward and onto a new venture. I wish you safe travels and do look so forward to your pictures

23 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

Hi Monica! I can't even imagine what you've been through these last weeks, and the range of emotion you're experiencing. It is so good to hear the excitement and hope in your posts! And to have you back in the community! You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as you move eastward toward new adventures! Big hugs!

Jodi

Thanks Jodi! (((hugs))) back :)

22 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Hi, Monica!  So glad you are doing well.  You have been through so much!  Hope the move is a good one, that you are happy there, and that you have many, many more minis in your future!

Thank you Deb! Yes, I'm looking forward to moving on :)

18 hours ago, Minigirl said:

I started reading this thread last week and it struck a chord in me. I thought.....time for folks to band together and get Monica set up with miniatures again and as I read, you all were doing just that!  Kudos to this group!  You all are good!

I came back to read everything from the last few days and I see Monica is heading to Knoxville and I think.......no way...no freaking way, that is my neck of the woods. Maybe one day I can head into Knoxville and meet another mini addict! Share a few goodies along the way!

Oh, moving during the winter just means more time for mini work!:bouncesmile: That's how I look at it anyway.

LOL, thank y u so much! My heart broke the most over my cat and the loss of my minis the most of all. Even my neighbors said "oh my gawd, and you dollhouses!" lol Yeah, they were famous in my neighborhood because I left the garage door open while I was working on them, and I had lots of visitors so, they knew how much effort we put in to these things. I'm so glad you will be in my neck of the woods! I'm not sure which neighborhood we will be living in yet. We are looking at houses now but, haven't decided.  ;)

• Like 1

Oh Monica I am at loss of words, came late into Reading this thread and I am really so sorry to read about this! 

Please let me knof if there is anything at all I can do 

lots and LOTs of hugs

• Like 1

Hi Monica! I'm so glad to see you back. It's great to hear the positivity and excitement for new adventures in your posts. You are an amazingly strong person. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dollhouses. But most of all your precious fur-baby. Heartbreaking. 

Good luck and safe travels to Tennessee.. I think it's great that you are making a fresh start in a new State... sometimes it's the only way forward. Looking forward to seeing many new mini's from you. ((hugs))

2 hours ago, Monica_the_haunted said:

LOL, thank y u so much! My heart broke the most over my cat and the loss of my minis the most of all. Even my neighbors said "oh my gawd, and you dollhouses!" lol Yeah, they were famous in my neighborhood because I left the garage door open while I was working on them, and I had lots of visitors so, they knew how much effort we put in to these things. I'm so glad you will be in my neck of the woods! I'm not sure which neighborhood we will be living in yet. We are looking at houses now but, haven't decided.  ;)

I'm sorry your fur baby is gone. That is tough because they are members of the family. My dog is so loyal and the best company!

Oh that's so cool that you could share your hobby with the neighbors that way! Nice to have the company coming by to chat. I'll cross my fingers your new place has an indoor designated creative space to get out of the weather. Brrrrrrr! Hope you won't mind the drastic change in climate heading east. We are having cold nights and cool days now and I wish it would stay above freezing. Not ready for the cold season yet.

Happy travels!

Well I'm off to the polymer clay now. I have cherries calling my name!

Monica, I'm so glad you have a place to start over. I can't imagine what emotions went into the decision to move somewhere else, especially in light of your lost furbaby. I wish you the happiest of lives and absolutely no more tragedies. And I'm so happy to see your pictures back here!

6 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Monica, I'm so glad you have a place to start over. I can't imagine what emotions went into the decision to move somewhere else, especially in light of your lost furbaby. I wish you the happiest of lives and absolutely no more tragedies. And I'm so happy to see your pictures back here!

I second that. No more tragedies. There's nothing better than new adventures. I've lived in many different states, there's always good and bad, it's more of a mind set than anything, and seeking out all of the best things that place has to offer. Like miniatures stores. I hope there's a good one close by! 

• Like 1