Is there such a thing as glitter acrylic craft paint?

yorkie_owner_85

I bought three DIY music box kits on eBay last week and they in the mail today. They are made of plastic and wood and I can paint them. I was planning on using my own paint and colors since these kits are from the 80s and I knew that the paint would have dried up by then. My question is there such a thing as glitter acrylic craft paint? One kit is of a clown and another is a couple in a row boat on the water and I want them to be very colorful, especially the clown. Could I also mix glitter into paint if there is no such thing as glitter craft paint?

As Jenn says, yes. Different brands make a variety and should be available at craft and toy stores.

You could make also put glue or paint onto the item then sprinkle glitter on, but I wouldn't try mixing glitter with paint as you will just get glitter covered in paint stuck to your artwork.

I agree with the others' warnings that adding glitter to paint will just make it textured paint (the paint will cover the glitter bits - like sand!).

But sprinkling on top would work, or for $3 a little jar of paint that is made for this purpose could be fine. I guess if you want a lot of colors, sprinkling glitter is more economic. As always test test test!