Kris Compas furniture kits? Recommended reading?

IndyCindy

I'm interested in making some upholstered furniture pieces and stumbled across Kris Compas's tutorials to supplement her (or his?) kits. The results look lovely, but I was curious if they were easy to use. Any favorite books or websites for 1/12th scale upholstered furniture?

I purchased and made a chair kit I can't remember what she named it offhand, it was the Queen Anne wing chair,  but I can look it up if it matters.  It was easy and turned out very well. I would not hesitate to recommend her kits, although if money is quite dear you could easily make one.

I have one of her kits but I haven't made it yet. The directions seem pretty straight forward, you just need to supply the fabric and glue. Have you considered buying a vintage (used) piece from eBay and reupholster it yourself, deconstructing the chair, sort of reverse engineer it and remake it with your own fabric..that helps to figure out the components and you could make a pattern from the pieces.  

• Like 1

I've also scaled down Kris's patterns to half scale. I find her instructions very clear, and she presents some good techniques for working in miniature. I love her mini button tufting. I have used what I learned from her when creating my own upholstered pieces.

• Like 1