Fairfield foundation

Samo

I'm not sure what you mean by "cover the slits"? Could you attach a photo to show us what the problem is?

It's been a long time since I built the Fairfield, but here's the blog I posted at the time: http://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?p=8819

Maybe my photos will help you understand how to do it. Hopefully someone who built it more recently can chime in,

I built two of them to be halves of a "larger" house (in 1:24 I cannot think of it as large) and neither one had any slits in the foundation.  I covered the exterior in spackling compound "stucco" and did a skim coat around the foundation to cover the "seams".  When you have made five posts you can make an album and post photos of your build, and show us these "slits".  Meanwhile, why not post us all an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum?

I haven't built a Fairfield, but I've built several others.  If you're having trouble, think of it like a puzzle.  Keep trying different ways until it looks right.  Just don't ever glue anything when building a dollhouse until you have fit things together several times so that you are sure that you have it right.  You can tape pieces together using painter's tape or masking tape to make sure everything fits correctly before you glue. You will probably also want to paint, stain, and/or wallpaper before you glue.

• Like 1