Where do I go from here?

Felthen

So I got a new dollhouse, which I love, which got me to stop lurking and sign up, which necessitated pictures ,which I have taken wrong, downloaded to wrong places, titled badly or not at all, and can't really view myself very well because I dropped my iPad and it is covered in tape. Phew. So...

Asking for help here.

Can you view more than one picture in the gallery?

If only one what does it look like? Front (kind of fancy), back ( plain looks like the back of a house), side (has openings, the left has one to the attic).

I am a little unclear what I have finally posted, as I have views of all sorts that I downloaded wrong somehow and I lost stuff I was trying to edit while I was editing. Nuff said.

But I think I finally got it and I can share my new dollhouse 

I tried to post pictures of all four sides and the staircase. 

Oh grazina, Thank you so much for the links.They are going to be such an inspiration and help.

By the way I love your dollhouses. Looking at the pictures is like a little mini vacation to somewhere very nice.  Miss Frobisher is a great doll. She has such a pleasant and personable countenance. 

Yes, we can view all the pics in the Gallery and the house is beautiful. It's definitely custom made and not a kit. Certainly not one I've ever seen in any catalog, anyway. Have you tried to turn the house up on end to see the bottom? Because maybe the maker signed his name there.

45 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

Yes, we can view all the pics in the Gallery and the house is beautiful. It's definitely custom made and not a kit. Certainly not one I've ever seen in any catalog, anyway. Have you tried to turn the house up on end to see the bottom? Because maybe the maker signed his name there.

Or her name.

Thank you for checking Kelly, and Sable.I can relax knowing that I got some initial pictures up.

I never even thought of looking underneath. There is a signature above the attic. But Cassidy was probably not the builder.

I will check underneath when my husband gets home and see if his/her signature is there.

IMG_0565.thumb.JPG.87bc0ecf7389adc5852a4

Edited by Felthen
Just the ususal
  • Like 1

You can click on your own name and find "my account" or "my profile" I forget which and find "my albums" from there. Clicking on "my profile" will allow you to add a profile picture as well of you want to. 

Under the photo somewhere I think there is a choice to edit then choose "hide album" it will ask you for a reason but you can just leave that blank. Hiding it will basically delete it. 

The forum here changes/updates every 3 years or so, as soon as we all get comfortable it will change and we'll all be lost again so don't feel bad lol

I deleted the empty album for you (only mods/admins can do that). Sometimes the gallery hiccups and duplicate images get uploaded - if that happens you can hide them as Karin said, and then let one of the moderators know and we'll delete the dupes. The gallery can be a little temperamental!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fov said:

I deleted the empty album for you (only mods/admins can do that). Sometimes the gallery hiccups and duplicate images get uploaded - if that happens you can hide them as Karin said, and then let one of the moderators know and we'll delete the dupes. The gallery can be a little temperamental.

At least we still have the gallery, in spite of all the "upgrades".

Thank you Holly! Oops Emily... sorry. 

Kelly I took it apart and there is no signature to be found, although I looked under the bottom and everywhere.  I did take pictures of it while it was torn apart and posted them in the freshly cleaned up gallery, with  picture titles included. (do I learn fast or what ) It really is nice to be able to pull the dollhouse apart and put it together to move it around ( it is still heavy). I expect taking it apart will simplify the decorating also. 

Edited by Felthen
Because I made a mistake
  • Like 1

No Holly, but I can tell you it wants off the couch and back onto the dining room table pretty badly. The dog is laying beside it worrying about the change and how long it will be before he gets the couch back and I can hardly stand to walk into the room the "fix this now" vibes are so strong.

The first thing I have to decide is if I can fix the damaged areas of trim enough that I don't have to paint it. I am getting kind of used to the wood look and like it. All the windows open, ( to let in the sea air if it lives out on the islands ) and the mythical healing properties of "sea air" were drilled into me so strongly as a child that I hate the thought of painting a window shut even accidentally. The windows look like housework ones, but thinner I think. The little kitchen one by the back door is broken, and the trim is busted on another. The door trim to the back door is busted also. But if I can fix that, put the Victorian porch back on, and fix the eaves so that the new and old wood all looks good together then  I might just leave it natural. What do you think? Otherwise it will be painted white.

• Like 1

Having grown up near coastal FL and living near the Gulf Coast now I can tell you that the lovely salty sea breezes will wear that lovely wood to a gorgeous silvery gray, achieved with a wash of India ink and isopropyl alcohol or it will become a Cracker house and, if not painted every few years, will turn dark gray with colonies of black & green mold & mildew.  Window & door trims are easy to make from basswood or you can get fancy if you have any big box hobby stores that carry mini millwork.  If you're going to paint it anyway, you can use card/ posterboard.

Meris, if you'd like I have a box of trim that matches your door trim if you would like a piece sent to you just message me and we can work out the details. If that trim matches what is around your windows as well the pieces I have are I believe 18" long so you should have plenty to fix both of those problem areas.  :)