Article about Frances Glessner Lee’s dollhouses

amyole

7 hours ago, KathieB said:

Do you ever play "Who would you like to invite to dinner?" Ms. Glessner would be high on my list.

Right up there with Flora Gill Jacobs (whom I'd met once), and then just sit back and soak up the conversation.

• 1 month later...

I went to see this exhibit over the weekend at the Renwick Gallery in DC.  It was an amazing exhibit - each included a wall description including the accounts of the first witnesses on the scene. She would not share whether each scene was a suicide, murder or accident so you are really left to look at all the details. Just incredible to see in real life, I really enjoyed it. Although I recommend going on a weekday because it was crowded, and the small walled window boxes are not conducive to a big crowd. Plus it's DC - and I've lived outside DC my whole life so this is not tourist-opinion... people in DC are rude. Even with a distinct line to see an exhibit, people will just shove themselves right in front of the view box if the space exists. I would've stayed a lot longer to examine the displays if the other people hadn't been so abhorrent. 

If you get a chance to go, consider attending on January 19th - at least I think it's the 19th - the author of her book will be there for a Q&A and autographing copies. The book itself has already been sold out in the gallery since the show opened, so they will only have them available that day when the author is in town.

Gallery Information

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Intrinsicat said:

... people in DC are rude. Even with a distinct line to see an exhibit, people will just shove themselves right in front of the view box if the space exists...

That was my experience in Chicago at both the Arts Institute attempting to view the Thorne rooms and at the Museum of Science and Industry attempting to view Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle.