Stolen Miniature

LadyGunn

I hope this is okay to post here. If not, please move or remove. Thank you.

The following was posted in several Facebook groups I'm in. Please keep your eyes open for this mouse. Thanks. :)

"I'm hoping one of you might be able to help me. I had my Hickory Dickory Clock Shoppe on display at the Tucson Miniature Show this weekend. The whole show went really well, and everybody loved my clock shop. It was really fun to hear everybody's comments.

Sometime during the last half hour of the show on Sunday, somebody stole one of the mice off my clock shop. I'm totally devastated that somebody would do this. The mouse was a special part of my display and custom made for me. I just don't understand why people have to ruin other peoples things and take things that aren't theirs.

They stole the mouse pictured. He is a REAL size mouse, NOT a 1/12 scale teeny-tiny mouse.

The Clock Shop and my So Little Time projects are scheduled to be on exhibit at the Tucson Mini Time Machine Museum over the holidays. The mice are a big part of the theme this year, as Lisa the director of the museum told me when she requested these two pieces from me. I'm planning on putting little Santa hats on each of the mice. I think the kids will get a kick out of seeing them.

I'm hoping that somehow the mouse will get returned to me. Kind of like the miracle that happened with Teresa Layman's stitching piece that got anonymously returned to her after being stolen at a show. They can return the mouse directly to me, or to the Tucson Mini Time Machine Museum, no questions asked.

If anybody knows anything, or hears, or sees the mouse anywhere, please let me know.

Thank you so much!
Connie Sauve"

Connie Sauve Hickory Dickory Dock Shoppe.jpg

Connie Sauve stolen mouse.jpg

• Like 1

He's adorable so I can see how someone would covet him, but really??? Stealing someone's much loved miniatures.. Just terrible. Here's hoping it was someone's child that didn't know any better and the parents, on discovery, are mortified and send it back immediately.

I remember when I put my dollhouse on display at the bank I worked at (manager's request for a home loan presentation). It was out barely 4 hours before I brought it back behind the counter. Despite DO NOT TOUCH signs all around it, parents let their children push on the doors and windows. And the little hose and spigot I put on the outside of the house disappeared, along with some flowers.

I walked out in the middle of the line of customers and picked the house up and carried it away from a 12 year old girl who had just broken the balcony railing and her parents were upset with me for embarrassing her. Sorry, If you're 12 years old, you're old enough to read and comprehend DO NOT TOUCH.

I just don't understand the public sometimes.

• Like 3

I know Connie through mutual friends, she does such beautiful work. Her houses were displayed at a shop I worked in when we both lived in Ca. I hope she gets that darling mouse returned to her. Good idea posting here, the more people that see it the better. 

• Like 1

This is so sad. What a darling mouse. The clock shop is beautifully done, but the mouse adds so much to its story. Lloyd often encouraged me to put my houses on display someplace, but I never have. I know how people of all ages are drawn to them and need to touch (or worse). 

When NJ and I finished the house for the hospital auction, the lovely ladies of the auction committee were invited to view it. The first one who approached it said, "Oh, look at the sweet little screened door." And promptly broke it off by pulling on the doorknob. It had been glued closed. That was 11 years ago. Lesson learned and not forgotten.

We are big museum fans in our family, and it always horrifies me to see people not only letting their children touch and manhandle items, but doing so themselves.  Every time I read or hear about some miniaturist having an item stolen during an exhibition or a show I am appalled.

• Like 2

I am so sorry to hear this!  We were at the Tucson Miniature Show on Saturday, and I got to see this one in person.  The "real life" mouse looking in the window was such a sweet touch (and the shop itself was absolutely fantastic).  After the show, we went to the Mini Time Museum, which I had never visited before.  There was a little girl (maybe 8 or 9) who kept touching the glass.  Her mother pointed out that there was a sign that said, "Do not touch."  The little girl said, "But I want to touch, so I'm going to."  And the mother didn't say another word. *sigh*  I understand why people don't want to display their miniatures.

Does EVERYTHING have to be put behind glass these days?  What's wrong with people?  I wonder if they take it out and handle it or look at it, without feeling an overwhelming sense of guilt and shame?  I hope it gets returned, not just for the artisan's sake, but for everyone's.  It leaves such a sad, jaded feeling in its wake, that someone would do that.  I haven't been to a miniature show in many years (not because of theft) and now if I think of going its kind of tainted now.  I really hope someone does the right thing.