NellBell

NellBell

Just wanted to say HI and I am joining the dollhouse world . I am making dollhouse for the first time except when I look back to my childhood I made lots of dollhouse out of boxes for Barbie.

I'm not sure exactly what made me start but I think it's because I want to decorate them. I have now learned I love making the houses too.

• Like 2

Welcome Nell! All my friends had the cool Barbie stuff, but "we was po" so I also had to get real creative with housing, clothing and accessories. I am grateful for that now, 'cause it comes in real handy with dollhousing!

Be sure to share your photos with us!

Welcome, Nell.  I did keep my barbies (or my mother kept them for me).  I remember making houses out of our furniture and making little accessories to go with them.  I once made a TV out of a tiny milk dud box with a cartoon taped to the front.  I guess that is why I like dollhouses now, brings back fond memories of childhood.  Also, I never had a real dollhouse then.

11 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Nell, you now have made enough posts to make albums in the galleries here.  Which houses have you built?

I have built the Buttercup that I did a little addition on , Author I changed the porch, and the Primrose I added a wrap porch to that one.

All lighting has been battery I'll tackle the electric soon. I have choses small houses so I can finish them rather quick . I'll wait a while to tackle a large house.

Right now Im starting to build my own furniture and I'll tackle a Kitchen soon.

1 hour ago, NellBell said:

I have built the Buttercup that I did a little addition on , Author I changed the porch, and the Primrose I added a wrap porch to that one.

All lighting has been battery I'll tackle the electric soon. I have choses small houses so I can finish them rather quick . I'll wait a while to tackle a large house.

Right now Im starting to build my own furniture and I'll tackle a Kitchen soon.

I think starting out small is very wise. See if one gets enjoyment out of it and slowly build up the supplies and tools.