NellBell

NellBell

My First Dollhouse ,I have completely remodeled my home and need something to decorate so I decided to make my first Dollhouse. It's the Primrose and an all peach theme. I made the dollhouse and added the full porch . Most items are just refurbished I did make a few things from scratch though . I am donating tis one to a Children's Diabetes fundraiser.

IMG_5777.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5779.jpg

• Like 4

I painted the furniture and I made the bed . I make all the fabric Items. I am getting brave now and am making some furniture .I really like to paint small pictures and make plants. I'm also looking forward to making books since you can never have enough books in a dollhouse,

I'll try to post tomorrow  here in the gallery . Wait do you mean I can drag right to this post I see a spot now below. 

I have to say it's so fun seeing the things people make .There are so many talented people here. 

Edited by NellBell
bad sentence

There is a bandwidth limit to how many pictures you can import into your posts.  There is no limit to what you can post in the gallery, and you can import pictures from there to your posts, as I'm about to demonstrate.

I make almost all of my furniture from kits or scratch, and I make everything else (unless I have run across something ready-made that will fit, like the dolls for the Farmhouse):

farmhoue back (2).JPG

In 1:24 it's even harder to find the ready-made things I want:

56d58d0401eeb-insideoutinterior1.JPG

If you click on my username or avatar and go to my profile page you can click on "albums" to see the other pictures besides the two I posted here.

Welcome Nell! :wave:  And your little cottage is adorable!  

I have to cringe when I see "first-timer" houses that look as nice as yours - it puts my first effort into building a dollhouse to shame!  LOL  My first house was the enormous Barrington by Artply. It may not look bad now, but the porch is still missing because of the total mess I made of it! :doh: 

Anyway- welcome to the little family, and we look forward to seeing more of your work!

I started small because I couldn't make a decision on any large house's thinking if I hated it or it was a bust it wouldn't feel to bad . Instead it's now an

obsession . For my second house (the Author) I wanted a little bigger and when I googled different houses it lead me here . This site was so helpful in helping me make a decision. 

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and all your postings that are so helpful. I am amazed at all the talent in the miniature world .

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

There is a bandwidth limit to how many pictures you can import into your posts.  There is no limit to what you can post in the gallery, and you can import pictures from there to your posts, as I'm about to demonstrate.

I make almost all of my furniture from kits or scratch, and I make everything else (unless I have run across something ready-made that will fit, like the dolls for the Farmhouse):

farmhoue back (2).JPG

In 1:24 it's even harder to find the ready-made things I want:

56d58d0401eeb-insideoutinterior1.JPG

If you click on my username or avatar and go to my profile page you can click on "albums" to see the other pictures besides the two I posted here.

I started with some fairly cheap furniture some were broken  ,I like to fix broken things . I knew I couldn't handle not decorating as I go along .

These are so cute and a 1:24 seems so hard to do but it makes sense as it takes up less space . Thanks for all your info as I can see you have been making houses for a while and have a lot of knowledge .

10 hours ago, NellBell said:

...Thanks for all your info as I can see you have been making houses for a while and have a lot of knowledge .

We learn from our mistakes, and I have probably made more than my share.

• 2 weeks later...