Wrong bulbs for DIY lights?

9 posts in this topic

I purchased some light bulbs to add to DIY light fixtures. When they came in the mail they were different than I expected. Mainly, the wires were much shorter and were not insulated. Did I order the wrong thing? Can I still use these for my light fixtures?

I'm a total newbie to the Dollhouse world and this is my first build and first lighting project. However, I'm experienced in other handicrafts so if you have any advice I'm sure I could manage it.
Thank you!

MYrBqre.jpg

You have bi-pin bulbs there, not wiring. You can use these but you need some bi-pin socket wires or bi-pin candle socket wires to go with them. I'll try to find some links.

BTW your fixtures are lovely :) 

Edit: http://www.blackwells-miniatures.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=bi+pin+socket

You don't have to buy from the site linked, lots of miniature sites have them. I've just linked this so you know what you are looking for. :) 

1 person likes this

Thank you very much!

I think I get the idea. The candle sockets would look great in some lights while the wired bulbs would be great for others. Maybe I'll keep some of the bi-pins I ordered and try them out. Thank you very much for your response and help!

Your fixtures are beautiful.  Did you make them?  Very nice.

Thank you! I made them from beads, jewelry findings, and a keychain ring that I shaped into the right size.

Really nice job the next thing I will challenge is wired electric in my dollhouse . The firs three dollhouses are all with Battery lights and they are small houses .

Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out the best plan for laying the wiring in the house. It's a bit intimidating but I hope I'll learn as I go.

1 person likes this

I had no idea the bulbs could be different oh my