Are you quirky, too?

Luanne

Hi guys,

I wanted to treasure the exciting fact that my  Westville shows up on Google Image search.  I did the logical next thing: I printed out  that page and pencil- colored all of the Westville houses. 

This official document will  be glued into my Happy book where I record cool things in my life.   What quirky things have you done lately? 

• Like 3

That is very neat about your Westville. Makes you feel almost famous?

I have to say that having a house with a  20, 17 and 16 year old has squashed any quirky things in my life. Too much ridicule, especially when I dance in the car to their rap music. For revenge, I do everything  possible to embarrass them in front of their peers.

I have to keep quirks to myself :cry:

• Like 2

Luanne, I remember the first time I saw some of my photos on Google searches (KathieB's photos of my houses are MUCH nicer!).  We are a very creative bunch, so I would assume a lot of quirkiness and I would be disappointed if we didn't have and show it.

9 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

That is very neat about your Westville. Makes you feel almost famous?

I have to say that having a house with a  20, 17 and 16 year old has squashed any quirky things in my life. Too much ridicule, especially when I dance in the car to their rap music. For revenge, I do everything  possible to embarrass them in front of their peers.

I have to keep quirks to myself :cry:

Carrie, don't squash your quirkiness.  My kids tell me "you are so weird" and I say "where have you been."  I think they secretly like the quirkiness but have to say something negative about.  I like to think when I am gone they will remember the times mom was dancing in the car with great fondness.  Also, love the revenge, don't mess with mama.  

• Like 2

I agree! Don't squash the quirkiness!  My kids are all notoriously quirky, so I fit right in!  LOL  And dancing in the car?  You bet!  I can head bang with the best of them during the guitar solo in Bohemian Rhapsody!  :punk:  

....and at Christmas, our house sports a very awesome Star Trek tree!  :D oh yeah! 

• Like 1

I sing along with Bohemian Rhapsody! and we all used to dance in the car.  Our eldest son has turned into an old sobersides (probably why he doesn't have anything to do with us any more), but the middle one still has moments of delightful quirkiness and the youngest, being mentally ill, is always a hoot!

• Like 2

I am a GIIIIIIIAAAAANNNNNNNNTTTTTT nerd and fly that flag proud. My biggest fandoms are Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. I'm aslo a big trekkie. Thankfully I've gotten Maya on the Harry Potter train so I'm not all alone. They both kind of roll their eyes at my love of miniatures even though Maya is all on board with the Godric Hollow wizard shop project (which has sadly been delayed these past few weeks). 

Luanne I would be super proud of myself if my dollhouse showed up in a google search too! I once made it into a local article about Wizard World Comic Con for my Phyllis Nefler cosplay and it was a crowning achievement! Be proud!

• Like 1

I am described as eccentric by my daughter, when asked why she says that I do stuff mothers aren't supposed to do, to which I quickly reply, she is talking about the artistic streak in me..

I am an eclectic eccentric, which briefly means I am a little bit nuts in many different ways, so who cares if I make 24 piece jointed teddy bears an inch tall, then knit clothes for them on piano wire, my daughter thinks that is quite mad, I think it is charming. So what if I like my dinner plate layed out like an artist's  palatte. if I like the greens balanced nicely with the oranges and browns instead of thrown on the plate,I think that is perfectly OK . So what if I like ketchup in a little side dish  pile rather than poured all over. I enoy it that way. I am a known "on the side gal when it comes to food anyway"

Yep I have my quirks and you know I am very happy and proud  to have  and share them.

Don't hide your quirks by keeping them to yourself, show them and flaunt them wildly.. Give yourself a quirk day and see what happens!! It will  make you feel alive

Sometimes I caw at the crows, bark at dogs and meow at cats. Cats are funny when you speak to them in their language. They just stop still and stare at you like they're thinking - what tha? I confess, I'm excellent at barking, cawing and meowing. Two of my husband's annoying habits are belching and then saying, "thank you", and saying "woof". Last week I starting responding by yapping like a small dog. Maybe he'll decide he's tired of getting yapped at and quit with the woofing and belching. 

Quirky? No. No one would say I'm quirky. Odd? yes. Weird? yes. Crazy? possibly.

Another two quirks of mine. I see things as round or square. I like round things but not square things, so eg numbers I would like an 3,5,6 8.9 and 0 , but would hate a 2,4 7 and it is often the same with fabrics  and designs.

Then I have this  other thing, I categorize men in colors. I meet some one and instantly know what color I place him  and I am rarely wrong and of course I have my favorites and my pet hates. eg a Brown man, warm hearted, kind jovial, loving and attractive but not necessarily handsome in the Hollywood sense he  reminds me of cozy fires in the fall, Jim Reeves music he  reliable , a little shy, not pushy in conversation someone I could feel very safe and comfortable with..my husband was a Brown man so is John Candy.   A Silver man, slick, looks like he thinks he is Gods gift to women, generally physically good looking in a popular sort of way, but smarmy, brings you roses but has an ulterior motive , egotistical ,expects to be adored and the center of attraction but doesn't have the sense to see it doesn't always work  Roger Moore is prime example, A Pink man, creepy, wet lipped, sweaty, doesn't like to work ,would be abusive but it would be like work to him so he would just threaten and cuss., some one you might not want to leave your pets or kids with. expect his  underwear to show if he bends over. A Red  man all the attributes of a Brown man but with a bit of a harmless rogue in him, a twinkle in his eye , a face that most women would find attractive , great sense of humor, gift of the gab ,romantic ,may give the impression he is a ladies man but it is all just a cover, underneath he is drop dead faithful.. Sean Connery comes to mind .  An nd so it goes on, there are too many to write down.

Wouldn't it be awful to not be quirky,Don't speak out of turn, dress plainly, think personal pride is wrong, follow the pack ,house always neat as a pin, laundry on Mondays, shopping on Fridays, meals same each week. today is Wednesday so it has to be meatloaf .Drive a grey car, midsize of course, wear sensible shoes and plain underwear and make sure you change it if you go out, just in case, be described as "nice"..ooh getting shivers now. Need to light my Quirk lamp.

maybe it is the pepper.

Another quirk on mine. I save my hair I have done it for years. I clean my hairbrush when it is full and then wrap the hair round my finger, it forms a ringlet and I pop it in a big china pot I have. I have no idea why I do it, but it seems a shame to throw it away. I can see the color changes in my hair over the years. My hair is still dark, despite the fact that I always wanted to be silver, but it is starting to turn a little now.

• Like 1

Saving hair ... :hmm: ... I recall saving eraser crumbles in a tiny box folded from a scrap of paper back in the day. Waaay back, like around 3rd grade, maybe 1949. I have no idea why, but it seemed important at the time. I don't know why the memory lingers, either.

• Like 1