Which light shade trim?

5 posts in this topic

So I need assistance picking a trim for my linen shades. Mock up below.

large.IMG_3841.JPG.eff757a22d2a720d06476

I'm going for a rustic modern look... I like the white trim but think it might be too white for the dark metal and a bit refined for the look I want.

The one on the left, I like the colour and texture but it's maybe too bulky?

The third one is hemp rope and I think maybe too much contrast? Or not.. :dunno:

Originally I did this..

IMG_3825.JPG

Which I like the best.. but no light shows through when you turn it on.. :giggle:

I like the white. I'm not sure I know what rustic modern is, I'm not that fancy. :) But I like the way that one looks best.

I like the color on the left as well, but like you said, it's too bulky.

1 person likes this

I took the rope from the rope shade and twisted it into a twine trim.

One more option.JPG

I think I like this one. :D

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

I took the rope from the rope shade and twisted it into a twine trim.

One more option.JPG

I think I like this one. :D

I like this one best

IMO the one in the middle in this picture looks most in scale:

large.IMG_3841.JPG.eff757a22d2a720d06476

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Wall Sconces and adapters -Rookie mistake
      By fleabags3
      OH MY.  I'm a doof.  I took a loooong break from minis and am firing it up again, but have had to refresh on many things.   I did the biggest rookie mistake. i spent so much wasted time meticulously installing wall sconces  so the wires were under wallpaper and just realized they make ADAPTERS for them. i'd only done ceiling lights and wall plugs.   duh me.  They look good but such a royal pain to noodle it all through the hardest way possible.  ugh

• Lighting a Foamcore Dollhouse
      By JessB66
      Does anyone have any experience lighting a dollhouse made of Foamcore? I am trying to decide among 3 volt LED systems, and round wire or tape wire. Also the house will be 1:16 scale. It's a 3 story, 10 room wall house of my own design. Has anyone built a large project in Foamcore? Is the 3/16th thick, readily available Foamcore adequate, or do I need to track down the 1/2 inch stuff? Or how about a double thickness? I would really love to here from someone who has actually worked with Foamcore, not just conjecture.
      I live in an apartment so cutting out a house out of plywood is not practical. I have prior experience building kits and with the different wiring systems. I have also made a large house out of double thick cardboard before. I haven't ruled out cardboard as a building material, I just thought Foamcore might be more durable and nicer to work with.
    • Doll's House Lighting upgraded our information
      By Littlehousesplus125
      Doll's House lighting we have just upgraded our information to help you wire your doll's house http://www.littlehousesplus-shop.co.uk/Dolls-House-Wiring-for-Lights-Fires all the information you need don’t need white plugs