Winchester Mystery House: the movie

KathieB

Wow it is like something out of Harry Potter and you got to go just such a short while ago..oh I wish...

Joanne make sure you do now, I shall be watching and waiting.

Maybe as a group we could all make it, rather like a group mystery  quilt each person works on a bit of it and no-one knows what it will look like till everyone gets together with their  part at  the end  when it is assembled.

I wonder which bit she lived in . I also wonder what they will show in the movie.

Carrie did you go through the front door with the extended tour.  I guess you could never go through it before, but they say with the extended tour you can.  How exciting. I am so glad you got to see it.  It's on my bucket list for sure 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the trailer, looks like it'll be good. I didn't feel creeped out by the house either, but I've heard well known psychics say that it's full of spirits. They used to allow overnight stays around Halloween, not sure if they still do that. There you go, we could all be a ghost hunting group :) Whether you believe in the ghosts or not, Im sure the movie will be great for business. The most haunted feeling place I've ever walked in to was the Bird Cage Theater in Tombstone Az. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Thanks for sharing the trailer, looks like it'll be good. I didn't feel creeped out by the house either, but I've heard well known psychics say that it's full of spirits. They used to allow overnight stays around Halloween, not sure if they still do that. There you go, we could all be a ghost hunting group :) Whether you believe in the ghosts or not, Im sure the movie will be great for business. The most haunted feeling place I've ever walked in to was the Bird Cage Theater in Tombstone Az. 

Oh, love ghost shows.  We did the ghost tour of the Bird Cage in Tombstone.  I thought I saw a shadow, but who knows.  Cool place though.  

• Like 1

On 10/28/2017, 6:49:38, Beulah said:

Carrie did you go through the front door with the extended tour.  I guess you could never go through it before, but they say with the extended tour you can.  How exciting. I am so glad you got to see it.  It's on my bucket list for sure 

Yes, we got to walk through the front door.

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/explore-the-house/

• Like 1

You gals are going to be kept awake at night with visions of these things going round and round in your head.  Do be sure to take lots of photos as you begin construction !!  This sounds like such fun.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

I would love to tour this house!

Next year plan to visit San Jose' for the Good Sam mini-show and then visit the house. It was maybe 15 mins from the hotel/ show. The hotel is so close to the airport we really didn't need a rental car, . You can have a mini-getway. :ohyeah:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

Well I promised myself I would get to one big show before I pop off and I was told there is this one, the Chicago one and the Philly one.This  is the closest for me.

My husband came with me this time, but I would feel comfortable going alone. San Jose' was a nice subdued city. I noticed a lot of young families and never felt unsafe. It was easy to navigate. So different from my home town of Las Vegas (duh right).

I don't know if I could do Chicago by myself, but that is on my bucket list.

I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area (Palo Alto and Santa Cruz) but its been a long time since I lived there.  Its so coincidental that the Winchester Mystery House was brought up and you actually visited there when you were there for the Good Sam Show.  I'd forgotten all about the Winchester Mystery House.  Did you find things were really expensive at the Good Sam Show?  Is it really big?  

• Like 1

I'm sorry I didn't pop in here sooner, but in case someone wants to go next year (if the Winchester House is still doing this): they used to have midnight tours of the Winchester House on Halloween night.

I still can't believe all the time I went to the theaters there and saw the house, and even lived right in the neighborhood ( a couple blocks from the city college - I used to walk over to Santana park all the time) for 8 years, that I never went to the Winchester Mystery house.

But hey, if you guys want to see spirits, I know a couple places in Los Gatos where you might see some.

17 hours ago, cloudbound said:

I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area (Palo Alto and Santa Cruz) but its been a long time since I lived there.  Its so coincidental that the Winchester Mystery House was brought up and you actually visited there when you were there for the Good Sam Show.  I'd forgotten all about the Winchester Mystery House.  Did you find things were really expensive at the Good Sam Show?  Is it really big?  

You know, I didn't really find things too expensive. Yes, I paid more for something that might be found cheaper on eBay etc., but it is more personal. You could see that many of the vendors are small businesses where the whole family is involved. At least  a lot of husband and wife teams..The lights I bought from the Teeny weeney minitures was more expensive online than in person. I didn't compare other vendors though.https://epichoodie.com/products/dripping-space-hoodie?variant=28460262081&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIldmxj4Kj1wIVgVh-Ch1HdAFXEAYYBSABEgLHYvD_BwE

It was the first real show I have visited, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it is advertised as the largest show west of the Mississippi.

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

But hey, if you guys want to see spirits, I know a couple places in Los Gatos where you might see some.

Ha Ha! They were offering those haunted tours when we were there. They are at night.

Honestly, I did not find the house creepy at all. My take away was that she was a women who received $1000 dollars a day from Winchester back in the 1900's.I think she had nothing better to do with all that money and had some guilt. She wasn't a recluse. She had a married niece who lived with her off an on. She paid her servants very well, and they were loyal to her. The only ghost reported  looked like one of the male gardeners. I didn't get that creepy vibe, but it was done in the day time....

Now, I have taken the haunted Queen Mary tour, and that swimming pool area made me feel very uneasy.

I would say, tell us more about Los Gatos, but I already high jacked this thread a little.

I found the entire story of the Winchester house was fascinating.  If certain members of my OWN family had the funds, no doubt they'd have spent it on things equally as bizarre.  Well hey - don't you know that our relatives might be mentioning their wacky aunts and uncles who built dollhouses?  

Spirits in Los Gatos enh?  I'd kind of like to hear more about that too, 

• Like 1