Shingles

60 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Dianne A said:

Hi Girls, Posting to Australia is expensive, I am so glad we purchased our Garfield when we did because it would be far too costly now. I bought it from Canada and postage was a tad more than the kit, BUT I loved it. I there a dollhouse following up in Brisbane?

There seems to be, there is a mini show every February http://www.dollshouseextravaganza.com.au/  and there are a couple of mini shops & online vendors based in the Gold Coast area. 

I think there is also a mini club, but it's not local to me so I don't know much about it. Plus I work shiftwork so am not available to go to these kind of gatherings most of the time. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greenleaf came through with flying colors, they answered me very quickly and are sending me a new pack of shingles, no Charge.

 

"""" THANK YOU GREENLEAF YOU REALLY ARE THE TOPS""

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samantha I got an e mail from that company in the Uk to say they had now posted my order. I noticed today they had taken  more money from my Mastercard .When I paid them for the order  there was not a place for paying the shipping, they said they would let me know, but it seems they have helped themselves, I wasn't aware they could do that, it was much more than I would have expected too.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jeannine said:

Samantha I got an e mail from that company in the Uk to say they had now posted my order. I noticed today they had taken  more money from my Mastercard .When I paid them for the order  there was not a place for paying the shipping, they said they would let me know, but it seems they have helped themselves, I wasn't aware they could do that, it was much more than I would have expected too.

Really? That's interesting Jeannine.. my shipping was quite inexpensive and I got a decent size box of stuff that included several pieces of furniture and trims, doors etc. I've paid more in shipping for boxes half the size from the UK. They didn't contact me either but as I thought my shipping was cheap I didn't worry about it. If you are unhappy with your charges I would definitely question them. You do seem to have a leg to stand on because they do say they will contact about shipping before sending but they haven't. At the very least they should refund you a resonable amount from the shipping if not the whole amount given they didn't follow their own procedure.  Hope you get it worked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't so concerned about the amount but was surprised that they can take it out themselves I have never come across this before. I wouldn't buy from them again I think 5 weeks before they ship is ridiculous and it took me about 5 emails before they answered when I questioned where it was, then another 2 emails after another month when I started to ask again. Not good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I wasn't so concerned about the amount but was surprised that they can take it out themselves I have never come across this before. I wouldn't buy from them again I think 5 weeks before they ship is ridiculous and it took me about 5 emails before they answered when I questioned where it was, then another 2 emails after another month when I started to ask again. Not good. 

Yes, sounds like a bad experience. Mine wasn't nearly as bad. There was one odd moment where they didn't tell me about out of stock items. But other than that they responded to my emails promptly and the shipping time was pretty standard for where I'm located. (I've had many things take longer.)

I have encountered the charging of shipping without contact first from other stores in the USA (not England usually). It is not really common but it has happened to me enough to know it happens on occasion. I'm not saying its best practice or anything, just relaying my experience. 

I guess for me, the choice to buy from an overseas vendor usually means I really want the item and I can't source it locally so I tend to be quite blasé about this sort of wierd stuff. I see it as the price I pay to get the things I want when I live at the bottom of the world. 

Everyone's tolerance level is different though, so I understand why you would feel that way about it.

I'm glad you finally got your order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2017, 7:25:43, Samusa said:

There seems to be, there is a mini show every February http://www.dollshouseextravaganza.com.au/  and there are a couple of mini shops & online vendors based in the Gold Coast area. 

I think there is also a mini club, but it's not local to me so I don't know much about it. Plus I work shiftwork so am not available to go to these kind of gatherings most of the time. 

Hi Samusa, Thank You for the info I will try to get to the show in Strathpine, It`s a long way form here but I should be able to do it. It will depend on the train. But thank you for replying to my topic.  Dianne A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dianne A said:

Hi Samusa, Thank You for the info I will try to get to the show in Strathpine, It`s a long way form here but I should be able to do it. It will depend on the train. But thank you for replying to my topic.  Dianne A.

I'll be going on the first day. Hope to see you there. :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2017, 3:50:21, Jeannine said:

Samantha I got an e mail from that company in the Uk to say they had now posted my order. I noticed today they had taken  more money from my Mastercard .When I paid them for the order  there was not a place for paying the shipping, they said they would let me know, but it seems they have helped themselves, I wasn't aware they could do that, it was much more than I would have expected too.

Hi Jeannine,  I am very sorry to hear of this I hope that you wrote them and demanded your money back. Or at least an apology because I didn`t think that they would be allowed to do this.  Were the tiles wooden or cardboard?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Samantha, my order finally actually arrived and like you there were things missing out of stock, the refund was art of my shipping which made it even more expensive.oh well  ay]t least it is here, I am glad I didn't order the Tudor house I wanted from them.

Diane  did you mean the shingles, if so they are wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now