First Build Finished!

Missy A

Hi Everyone!

I gave my brother the haunted cottage as a surprise last week and he loved it! I made a lot of the interior items myself and used kits for the fridge and stove. This was SO much fun to do, I'm considering doing a larger one next.  Again, I want to thank everyone who helped guide me thru with their tips and suggestions. This is a wonderfully supportive forum!

I'll post

Missy 

20171024_203646.jpg

20171024_203652.jpg

20171024_203507.jpg

20171024_203524.jpg

20171024_203457.jpg

Edited by Missy A
  • Like 6

It turned out fantastic Melissa! Well done.. I can see why your brother loved it. :) Love the skeleton playing the piano.. and you have a wonderful eclectic interior going on.. all nicely aged and haunt-astic! :D

Oh, well done!  I love how your exterior treatment worked out.  I aged my Chrysnbon stove & icebox in the pub, as well as the cookware when I painted it:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=117793

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017, 3:13:02, Samusa said:

It turned out fantastic Melissa! Well done.. I can see why your brother loved it. :) Love the skeleton playing the piano.. and you have a wonderful eclectic interior going on.. all nicely aged and haunt-astic! :D

Thank you!! :) 

On 10/31/2017, 4:09:29, havanaholly said:

Thank you! I love what you did with that stove! 

On 10/31/2017, 3:23:44, Minigirl said:

Yes the stove and fridge were kits and easier than I thought to put together :) Thank you! 

This is absolutely darling! I especially like the skeleton at the piano in your last photo. What a great first build!

I'm also working on my first build (also an Orchid, if I'm not mistaken about yours); it's lovely to see all the different variations in style and theme. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017, 2:17:30, Missy A said:

Hi Everyone!

I gave my brother the haunted cottage as a surprise last week and he loved it! I made a lot of the interior items myself and used kits for the fridge and stove. This was SO much fun to do, I'm considering doing a larger one next.  Again, I want to thank everyone who helped guide me thru with their tips and suggestions. This is a wonderfully supportive forum!

I'll post

Missy 

20171024_203646.jpg

20171024_203652.jpg

20171024_203507.jpg

20171024_203524.jpg

20171024_203457.jpg

Nice work on the haunted house!  Where did you get the stove?  It looks about the right size that I have been looking for.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017, 3:44:25, mks said:

Nice work on the haunted house!  Where did you get the stove?  It looks about the right size that I have been looking for.

Hi Marilyn! I got the kit on Amazon, it is made by Chrysnbon. It was very easy to put together and for plastic it was more realistic than I was expecting :) 

On 11/3/2017, 1:34:04, third_hand said:

This is absolutely darling! I especially like the skeleton at the piano in your last photo. What a great first build!

I'm also working on my first build (also an Orchid, if I'm not mistaken about yours); it's lovely to see all the different variations in style and theme. 

Thanks Eli! Yes it is the Orchid :) I can't wait to get started on my next build! 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...