Looking for a nice set of dishes for your dollhouse??

Inge

A few months back I was on amazon.ca and found a 40pc set of dishes for around $15.00CAD. They came from China and it only took 3 months but well worth the wait. I was impressed with the quality of the painting on the dishes. I sent a picture of the dishes to my sister in law. Guess what I got for my birthday? Two more sets of dishes, so now I have 120 dishes to fill my cupboards.  I checked on amazon.com tonight and they are on there for $16.09usd.  They are $19.00CAD on amazon.ca. I did notice, however, that when you went a few pages further the price almost doubled from another supplier.  This is a great deal when you look at some of the prices for dishes. Here's a picture:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Inge said:

I was impressed with the quality of the painting on the dishes.

Hi, Inge, this is indeed a lovely set of dishes. I believe I'll order a set for the Beacon Hill. The doctor and his wife deserve gold-trimmed dinnerware. I think the good doctor bought the set for his wife while he was in France doing a round of training in one of the excellent hospitals there. :) 

It appears to me that the decoration is likely decals rather than painting as the design is so uniform. Nevertheless, an elegant set. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

I too was surprised at the quality of the dishes I got. not perfect but very acceptable.

I am quite surprised at some of the porcelain stuff out of China it is worth a look at many of the mini stuff. see below not dishes but as an example. I bought a Chinese one it cost me $ 3.15, the other one is Reutter. $24

14568_250.jpg

box.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017, 8:16:28, Goldenrodfarm said:

I got a set on eBay, direct from China for my fairy house, I liked the flowers, seemed what a fairy would like, not elegant but cute! It was $2.99 Plus $1.89 shipping.  I was suprised at the quality of the dishes.

9E32B6C1-6A99-4798-A960-C772B05B9BD3.jpeg

Goldenrodfarm those are absolutely adorable!  I have obviously been gone for too long (my profile says I last signed in in 2016?!) and now looking at everyone's pictures I have mini fever all over again!  Off to look at ebay now! :)

• Like 1