Another newbie

Jokelly

I decided to actually join after lurking for a bit. Actually meant to join a few months ago but I'm a procrastinator and other things get in the way. :teehee:

I've been building dollhouses for about 10 years. A family friend got me into it after she started building them when Walmart briefly carried Dura-craft kits in the mid-late 90s. I've built five or six kits from Dura-craft, Greenleaf, and RGT and I have a few in boxes. My current house is Dura-craft's Newport Cape, which is very tempermental and I even put it away for two years because I fought with it. Wonderful kit, we just disagreed on what should be done. I'm also making 90% of the furniture for it since it's cheaper and I can do it the way I want it.

I'm also a big time Potterhead and can usually be found at a HP forum posting where we're simultaneously eagerly awaiting Book 7 and dreading it. The dreading because then the series will be over.

Welcome to the forum, I'd love to see pictures of your houses. Which kits do you still have unbuilt?

simultaneously eagerly awaiting Book 7 and dreading it

JK Rowling has threatened to kill off Harry; she must have a wierd sense of humor...

Welcome to the forum, I'd love to see pictures of your houses. Which kits do you still have unbuilt?

JK Rowling has threatened to kill off Harry; she must have a wierd sense of humor...

Ahhh, but that is something one certainly needs as an author???? Seriously though, I love this series of books as it has got a lot of those not liking to read interested in the character as much so that they actually are reading those books over and over again. I too am looking forward seeing book 7 as soon as it will come avaliable.

Welcome to the forum Jo/Jokelly I know you will have a great time around here, it is almost like being in one of those great candy stores with all the eye candy around. Oh and perhaps you too will mkae one of those fantastic Hoghwarth models sometime???? :)

Hugs

Right now I haven't thought of doing an HP miniature, although I love that Hogwarts staircase that I saw on another site and was in American Miniaturist.

JKR likes to tease us. From Book 1 I thought Harry would die in the end so I've built myself up for it and expect it. I waffle back and forth over Harry's outcome. I just couldn't handle it if Ron or Hermione die. I don't think I could finish with the book. I also don't want anything to happen to Tonks or Lupin. They've had such a hard road that it would be great to see them have some happiness finally. Other than those four I think I would be okay with the deaths. Although I have a sinking gut feeling Molly will be the one to lose it of the Weasleys. Not all of the Weasleys can survive...there is just so many of them.

*get off HP or will talk about it forever*

My unbuilt kits are the Astor Cottage and the Linfield. I've had the Linfield for years but have never had any inspiration over the colors so it remains in its box until inspiration strikes.

I lurked on here for about a month before I actually got brave enough to join. I had never belonged to a forum before. I think I probably picked the best forum on the internet to join!!! I just love the friends that I have made.

Hello and Welcome, Jokelly! I am also a very big HP fan and I love to pop in at mugglenet when I can. I'm hoping she is able to get book seven out on 7-7-07! I love to see people do HP miniatures! I've seen several 'Hogwarts', 'Diagon Alleys', and even a 'Honeydukes' by someone here on this sight (can't remember who). I think a Harrison would be perfect for a 'Three broomsticks'. A actually made a Winky house-elf to scrub the bathroom floors in my Arthur. I didn't like poor Winky's fate in the last few books, so I invited her into my own house. It's no mansion, but hey, it's work. :D