Another house bought

Beulah

Well I said that my Glenwood was going to be my last dollhouse :oops: I lied, I bought another.  It's the Fairfield.  It will be the oddball house with a haunted look to it (I hope). I haven't been working on my Glenwood this week much, as I just refinished a dresser ( a real one for my hall). it's Annie Sloan Duck Egg with a dark wax.  I have included pics of the different looks of one paint with 2 different ways in case someone wants to do mini furniture like this.  It is so easy.  So the panel in the center has no wax on it, just the paint.  Then the bottom panel has the clear wax on it.  The sides of the dresser have the dark wax on it.  The dark wax really ages it nicely I think.  I am going to use this on my kitchen in the Glenwood.  

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.41.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.40.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.40.35 AM.png

• Like 3

OK.  I'm trying not to laugh, but I've been there, too.  I swore my current house would be the last, but I already have two more projects lined up.  It's an addiction.  :) The Fairfield is fun, and should make a great haunted house.  Love your real-life dresser.  It's beautiful!  I've actually tried to create a similar look in miniature, without much success.  I hope it works for you in the Glenwood.  Please post pictures when done.

• Like 2

Congrats Joanne....I have to tell you that you made me feel so much better. I just picked up my first RGT's kit. I felt like I was going to a drug deal or was buying stolen goods. I am so weak! :cry:It is The Contemporary Ranch, I couldn't help myself.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Hate to the bearer of bad news.      There is never, I repeat never, a last house.  And the only 12 step program here is to show you 12 more houses to build.

I need to go count my houses....I might be nearing the end of the program. I'll just have to fall off the wagon or make a mini-wagon!

• Like 1

I finally got all the 1:12 houses on my mini-bucket list. Ok, there is the one that got away (built beacon hill) but I am at peace with that.

Now I do all my collecting in 1:48 and the sky is the limit since I can fit a lot of 1:48 into the space of one 1:12. Yee haw!

• Like 1

Oh please do.. I have tons of ideas, I just work too slow to do them all. Oddball.. crooked stairs , with steps that are uneven comes to mind.  roof sloping , windows off.A table with something under one leg because it is too short. A pair of boots/shoes both left feet, I wish I hadn't built my Fairfield now, we could have done it together..

• Like 1