Help! This is Boring!

46 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

It's looking soooooo cute and you're almost done! I have a tradition of whenever I shingle a house I put on Pride and Prejudice. Maybe put a movie on that you can enjoy without having to look at the tv. 

That's a great movie! I actually put on a Netflix show called "Call The Midwife". It's interesting enough without being too interesting and distracting.. Got 2 more rows done, and am hoping for 2 more before I drop tonight. Long day tomorrow, up early cooking for company...

• Like 1

Those are good show/movie! 

I was going to suggest playing Christmas shows/music to get you in the spirit. I would also suggest fast moving tunes you love. I have workout music I listen too when I excercise, drive long distances or clean house. It helps get me moving and accomplish something. 

2 hours ago, Minigirl said:

Those are good show/movie! 

I was going to suggest playing Christmas shows/music to get you in the spirit. I would also suggest fast moving tunes you love. I have workout music I listen too when I excercise, drive long distances or clean house. It helps get me moving and accomplish something. 

Music is a great idea too! My brother recently brought over my record collection from when I was a teenager in the 80's. I sold all 44 of them to a very happy guy on Craigslist for $25. I've been thinking I should replace some of the albums with digital ones. Heard a long lost loved song from one of them the other day and it made me cry happy tears!

• Like 1

Oh I relate to that. I never watch TV I just listen to it, mine is always on wherever I am, living room, bedroom, or craft room anyway,all three of mine have DVd machines and I have a big library of movies.I can always find one to suit any mood..

Wow andW ow again I only just realized your shingles were paper clay , well in that case you need a double special treat when you have finished, that would seem a very arduous  task to me , and they do look magnificent

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, it is perfect already.  Can't wait to see what else you do.  I was just at Michael's today and they have a large selection of miniature Christmas goodies that could go on the house.   Your patience and perseverance on the shingles paid off.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I am really hoping I have it finished up enough this year, though I'm sure to keep adding as the years go on...

Karin - I know what you mean. I started in July, putting the New Orleans completely on hold, just so I'd have a chance to have something for the holidays. With Thanksgiving so close, I am wishing I'd started in May!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

You might actually want to put it out of the reach of small children who mightn't realize it's not a real gingerbread house.

Good point Holly! I do have to be ever vigilant because we have three dogs, two of them very young. We haven't had little ones in the family (that live close enough to visit) for a very long time. Those close by that are in the reproduction age range (my two kids included) have no intentions toward having kids for the foreseeable future. It's a bummer for me, because I love children, and would make a really fun and interesting grandma! They'd be making their own minis with me the minute there was any attention span to speak of!  So for now at least, I only have to worry about the BIG children pulling on the candy cane porch posts! :D

1 minute ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

...I only have to worry about the BIG children pulling on the candy cane porch posts! :D

I was thinking more along the lines of people helping themselves to those lovely gingersnap cookie shingles you slaved over!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Samusa said:

Gah! The shingles look soooooo good!! I love this Jodi! It's looks almost good enough to eat! :eatyum:

Thanks Sam! My patience has grown a little bit with the process, and I am happy that the idea worked out like I'd hoped!