Siding needed for Heritage dollhouse

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!  just purchased a Duracraft Heritage dollhouse to build with my daughter and even though we were reassured that the kit was complete it turns out we are missing a very  a very important piece of siding. One tht is 7 3/4 in long. Does anyone know where I can get 3 of them ? Or a substitute? I am open to any ideas at all. Thank you

Michele ( pipersmom)

1 person likes this

Someone who remembers the name will weigh in with the Ebay seller who deals in Dura-Craft replacement parts.  I hope you will post an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.

Michele, if you have a picture of the siding you're looking for I may be able to help as I have some from various Dura Craft kits in my stash of "stuff" as well as siding I have made myself. I just need a picture to see specifically what you're looking for.  :)

Yes- please post a pic....I may have some in my stash as well.  :)

Hi! Thank you so much for responding. It turns out I need more siding than that. Here's what I need , its circled in red

siding.PNG

I reviewed the heritage instructions on Jim's Print Minis and imagine the siding is 1 1/2 tall and 7/32 thick (about 3/16").  If so it may be the same as what Model Homes used (Yeh, older than dirt) and I may have a little of that... I'll look, but it may be under an awful lot of junk so it may take a while.

I found a dab of the material in the photos... I'm pretty sure it's early '80s Batrie (when Harvard Table Tennis owned the company), but I am not 100% on that.  How does this stack up (literally:drool2:) compared to the Duracraft?

IMG_6087.png

IMG_6089.JPG

IMG_6090.png

IMG_6091.png

I have the same issue only I’m missing siding for a Duracraft Farmhouse. I’ve contacted a couple of companies that make dollhouse siding that I read about on these forums and I’m waiting for replies.  In the meantime if anyone has any Duracraft siding I’d be happy to purchase it. I don’t care about the lengths, I can cut to the dimensions I need.

Thanks in advance!

i need dura craft windows.. all i can find are the little ones ...

All the Dura-Crafts I ever built I had to build the windows.

mine came iwth windows already done but i lost some of them over the years

I’m missing siding for a Duracraft Farmhouse. I’ve contacted a couple of companies that make dollhouse siding that I read about on these forums and I’m waiting for replies.  In the meantime if anyone has any Duracraft siding I’d be happy to purchase it. I don’t care about the lengths, I can cut to the dimensions I need.

9 hours ago, Jennifer W. said:

I’m missing siding for a Duracraft Farmhouse. I’ve contacted a couple of companies that make dollhouse siding that I read about on these forums and I’m waiting for replies.  In the meantime if anyone has any Duracraft siding I’d be happy to purchase it. I don’t care about the lengths, I can cut to the dimensions I need.

I built a Heritage where I changed one wall. I made the replacement wall from plywood and 1/2" lap clapboard siding sheets. It was a pretty close match.

http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/replacement-side-wall-and-siding