Really?? I was going to be in California for a few days around the 28th!!:cry: My plan was to hit the shop in Torrance and the one up in Ventura on my travels... Now I want to change things around.. :hmm: Problem is my ski trip in Utah doesn't start until the 1st of Feb.... I'm not sure I could fill up 14 days in Cali.. My vacation does actually start on the 19th though... hmmm...not sure I could pull it off but I'm off to scheme anyway..... :D  

OOOH Sam, it would be so nice to meet you!

6 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Really?? I was going to be in California for a few days around the 28th!!:cry: My plan was to hit the shop in Torrance and the one up in Ventura on my travels... Now I want to change things around.. :hmm: Problem is my ski trip in Utah doesn't start until the 1st of Feb.... I'm not sure I could fill up 14 days in Cali.. My vacation does actually start on the 19th though... hmmm...not sure I could pull it off but I'm off to scheme anyway..... :D  

The place in Torrance is small.....but it is down near the ocean in one those cute little  old beach cities with the shops and a main street. Ventura is on the bucket list!

41 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Well, after the show, you come up to northern California and visit us up here.  Tell hubby you need more inspiration for your San Franciscan build.  :)

Now that is a brilliant idea.. :D Maybe I could hire a car and do a mini road trip around the stores in California and then meet him in Utah. (He's going to some car thing in Atlanta that first week of Vacay). I think there is one in Sacramento and one in San Carlos. Can you drive from San Fran to Sacramento in the winter? Is there a mountain pass involved?.. That would stop me.. I've heard the GPS stories.. :eek:

If I don't make it over for the show.. Maybe you could come with me to Ventura @Mid-life madness Carrie? We could make a day of it... If you are in So-Cal of course.. I don't know where you are from. :) 

5 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Can you drive from San Fran to Sacramento in the winter? Is there a mountain pass involved?

Yes, you can.  No mountain passes involved.  :)  Possibly rain that time of year, but no snow.  Dollhouses, Trains and More is in Novato, so even closer than Sacramento.

1 minute ago, Samusa said:

Now that is a brilliant idea.. :D Maybe I could hire a car and do a mini road trip around the stores in California and then meet him in Utah. (He's going to some car thing in Atlanta that first week of Vacay). I think there is one in Sacramento and one in San Carlos. Can you drive from San Fran to Sacramento in the winter? Is there a mountain pass involved?.. That would stop me.. I've heard the GPS stories.. :eek:

If I don't make it over for the show Carrie.. Maybe you could come with me to Ventura @Mid-life madness Carrie! We could make a day of it... If you are in So-Cal of course.. I don't know where you are from. :) 

I live in Las Vegas. If traffic is good, it is about a 4hour drive to L.A. I would like to go to Ventura I think it would be 5 hours to Ventura. I will have to see what's is going on in my life at that time.

We have a cabin in Southern Utah, I suspect you are going to be in the Park City area? But there is some skiing in Southern Utah too!

2 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Yes, you can.  No mountain passes involved.  :)  Possibly rain that time of year, but no snow.  Dollhouses, Trains and More is in Novato, so even closer than Sacramento.

Oh good!.. Trying to convince Hubby of the need for this trip... It's not going well at the moment but I'm working on him. :bigwink:

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I live in Las Vegas. If traffic is good, it is about a 4hour drive to L.A. I would like to go to Ventura I think it would be 5 hours to Ventura. I will have to see what's is going on in my life at that time.

We have a cabin in Southern Utah, I suspect you are going to be in the Park City area? But there is some skiing in Southern Utah too!

Yes Carrie, Park City. We love it there, one day we want to retire there but probably wont be able to afford it.. :rolleyes: We'll probably end up in Heber City or over in the burbs of Salt Lake.

I've heard there is skiing in southern Utah.. one day we will have to check that out. :) 

1 hour ago, jbresr said:

@Samusa Elegant Dollhouse is in Sacramento. If you go there let me know. I would love to meet up with you.  I’m only 45-50 minutes away.

Great! I will definitely let you know if I"m in the area.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

I agree, it is only 6 degrees out there tonight, and more snow tomorrow

Wow, 6 degrees! Where are you? I am in Erie, Pennsylvania...we have been the snowiest city in America several years. I can drive through a blizzard without blinking at this point.