Greetings from Brazil

Hi all,

I'm glad to meet you. My name is Gisele, and I'm a watercolor painter, from Brazil. I'm very passionate about miniatures, and some months ago I had the chance to put together a very old project, of a dollhouse bedroom.

I also like to paint watercolors in small formats, such as ACEOs and even smaller ones, more suitable to decorate dollhouses. While working on the bedroom project I came up with the idea of creating a miniature exhibition room so that I could play with those miniature watercolors, and it's been great fun. I still need to finish that project, so I hope to find some things here to help me with that.

I'm looking forward to building more stuff in the future, but haven't quite settled on an idea yet.

And that's it. Thanks for reading! :)
  • Like 2

On 11/12/2017, 1:04:18, Mid-life madness said:

I looked at your Etsy site. I loved your mini-watercolors

Thanks for the tip, Carrie!  Paintings can work in almost any scale, and you have some lovely water colors, Gisele!  I'm happy to add a couple to my collection. :)

• Like 2

Hello Giselle, welcome!:bouncesmile: I too looked at your shop and loved it!!! Would have bought a few things myself but have already shot my wad for the month so I saved them for later. Maybe next month. Your prices are great! I just opened an etsy shop last night to hopefully offset the miniature fund. Miniatures are definitely an expensive eneavor but it's so cool! I think the people are cool too!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Minigirl said:

Hello Giselle, welcome!:bouncesmile: I too looked at your shop and loved it!!! Would have bought a few things myself but have already shot my wad for the month so I saved them for later. Maybe next month. Your prices are great! I just opened an etsy shop last night to hopefully offset the miniature fund. Miniatures are definitely an expensive eneavor but it's so cool! I think the people are cool too!

Thanks a lot, Paula. It's wise to have a budget, otherwise things may get out of hand :rolleyes:

Let us know the link to your Etsy shop when you can!

On 11/14/2017, 11:40:19, Gisele's Gallery said:

Thanks a lot, Paula. It's wise to have a budget, otherwise things may get out of hand :rolleyes:

Let us know the link to your Etsy shop when you can!

No kidding, it could get out of hand in a real hurry if you don't watch out.

Since I papercraft, I have been kicking around the idea of making mini wall art for a while now but wasn't sure I could work in such small scale. Seeing your WC inspired me to give it shot. I made some mini stamped pieces which I hand colored. They turned out ok considering I have not stamped in 2 years. I still like your WC images better. I will try to post my etsy shop today or tomorrow on my page here. Just not sure I can list my blog and an etsy store. I have to go figure all of that out.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017, 1:19:25, Minigirl said:

No kidding, it could get out of hand in a real hurry if you don't watch out.

Since I papercraft, I have been kicking around the idea of making mini wall art for a while now but wasn't sure I could work in such small scale. Seeing your WC inspired me to give it shot. I made some mini stamped pieces which I hand colored. They turned out ok considering I have not stamped in 2 years. I still like your WC images better. I will try to post my etsy shop today or tomorrow on my page here. Just not sure I can list my blog and an etsy store. I have to go figure all of that out.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pieces. So good to know that my watercolors serve as inspiration! :cheer:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gisele's Gallery said:

I'm looking forward to seeing your pieces. So good to know that my watercolors serve as inspiration! :cheer:

Hey Giselle, I posted info on my etsy here in the thread for shops and such. If you ever do a mini wc relating to English tea time or a Italianate renaissance revival garden scene, I would love to know. Good luck around the forum!

• Like 1