Curtains are done

Inge

About a month ago I had asked for help finding silk material but had no luck finding the colors I needed. Years ago I had bought "panels" of material which I cut out to make pillow covers.  I kept the left over edges and that is what I used for the curtains and velvet for the rest.  Not sure they go with the wallpaper and chairs though.

As you can see I spent a lovely hour loading pictures and wanted to make sure you could see them so I posted some of them TWICE. Not! I have no idea how to remove duplicates.

I still have to do the curtains in the window seat which are another challenge.  Unfortunately we are having one week of snow snow snow and more snow so have been out shoveling the driveway twice a day. Hopefully that will clear my head to tackle these curtains. lol

• Like 1

Your curtains are gorgeous! So elegant!

I deleted the duplicate photos for you. If it happens again you can send a PM to me or Tracy (Minis on the Edge) and we'll take care of it.

Carrie I agree with you. Maybe people would post more pictures if it was user friendly.  Holly, not sure where you saw the "hide" button.  Thanks Emily, glad you like the curtains and thanks for taking out the duplicates.  Why are only certain people allowed to delete pictures?

12 hours ago, Inge said:

Carrie I agree with you. Maybe people would post more pictures if it was user friendly.  Holly, not sure where you saw the "hide" button.  Thanks Emily, glad you like the curtains and thanks for taking out the duplicates.  Why are only certain people allowed to delete pictures?

I didn't see a "hide" button, it was a mention in the discussion on the other subforum.  Emily is a moderator and Tracy is an administrator, so they are able to delete things for us.

I think your chairs go beautifully with those magnificent drapes; the whole room ties together most elegantly.

• Like 1

Love the draperies - and thanks for posting your step-by-step photos!  I am assuming that you had a pattern that you used?  I've dabbled in trying to do curtains, but mostly I just buy from the professionals!  LOL

Jackie, thanks, glad you like the curtains.  Yes, patterns were from Sue Heaser book. I've read her book, Casey Mini's instructions and all the other ones I found on the internet.  Unfortunately none were for velvet which I really like for that era and happen to have on hand. I looked at the pretty pleater but just find they have too many  pleats and that's why I like the dowels as to me they look more realistic. They are definitely time consuming. lol.  Glad YOU CAN AFFORD to buy drapes. lol.