Pumpkin Carving Creations

heidiiiii

I have my two mammoth pumpkins inside now so they can warm up. There is nothing worse then putting your hands in a cold pumpkin.

I thought that all of us that do carve pumpkins could post their creations on here.

I always wait until October 30. I dont want them to get infested with fruit flies.

On a pumpkin side note.. I was looking for a good recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds and I found one on this site called The Halloween Kitchen.

She also has step by steps for making popcorn balls! I never knew how to make them..now I do.

Wow I'd almost forgotten about carving pumpkins this year. I've got to put that on tomorrow's to do list. Buy a pumpkin! I grew two this year but they're the Rouge vif d'temps variety - very flat and very red - they have a wonderful aroma when cut and I'm hoping to try some baking with them... .. like I ever actually get any baking done - not. :clap: but I always have good intentions. So tomorrow I'll have to stop and buy one.

Great link too - I wish I'd seen the halloween kitchen site before our party last Saturday :) I"m definitely going to have to add some of this to my halloween recipies collection :lol:

-David

I haven't carved a pumpkin in years....When my kids were little, we did for a year or two, but the pumpkins rotted so quickly...so, instead of carving them...we would paint them...A couple of years ago, I bought a fake one...looks like the real thing, but keeps from year to year... and I don't need to worry about lighting a candle in it...it's got a light built in...plug it in and I'm ready to go....

post-251-1162298718_thumb.jpg

Our Pumpkin Delights.

The Hugh Laurie (House) pumpkin was a bust. Too complicated for me.Here are the untouched, pristine pumpkins...

I did the Cat and Nat did the Zombie.

Here is Nat with the pumpkins on our front porch.

Happy Halloween All!!!

I'm hoping to try some baking with them
We prefer 'tater pie to pumpkin, but pumpkin breads are killer! and so-o-o easy!

Wow you did a fantastic job. love them

Awesome job. Chelsea's not the only family talent, I see!

Made the pumpkin seeds yesterday. They were a big hit!

I am the pumpkin lover in the house. Of course I was the one who cut and gutted the poor things.

Thanks..I will let Nat know too.