Are You On Pinterest?

MiniMaven

I am - used to look at it everyday, now not so much.  I've gotten patterns for miniature carpets and lots of printies for various dollhouses items , like leaves and boxes.  It is good for organizing ideas, but as you so rightly say, it can really take up your time.

• Like 1

I have an acct. I use it only for organizing references. All my folders are locked so I don't get all the interactive side of things.

For example I have folders for Doors, Windows, Tudor, Castles, Landscape, Floor and Houseplans, etc. These are primarily RL ones not minis.

When I'm trying to create something mini or a craft I only need to look at my own folder and not spend extra time searching.

It can be a deep rabbit hole if not used wisely. I peruse it to add items only when I have problems sleeping.

I've noticed that too Barb, a lot of dead ends. I actually prefer just using google images for reference, taking a screen shot of what I like, and then when I have time go back and look at the pictures, delete or save for reference. I save things on Pinterest and then never end up going back to look at what I saved. 

I have two Facebook accounts, one for personal, one for dollhousing. On my dollhousing one I add people who are dollhouse/mini specific artisans or dollhouse shops and groups so that when I go on that account the entire news feed is dollhouse related. And then I have this forum. Thats the extent of my social media use otherwise I would never get anything done lol. When we were in the thick of remodeling our (real) house I did use Pinterest more often. I can see where it would be great for wedding inspiration, recipes, etc. 

4 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

I've noticed that too Barb, a lot of dead ends. I actually prefer just using google images for reference, taking a screen shot of what I like, and then when I have time go back and look at the pictures, delete or save for reference. I save things on Pinterest and then never end up going back to look at what I saved. 

I use google images much more then Pinterest, when you said you never go back I realized I never do either.  I do a lot of screenshots and print right then if I am going to use it right away.  When I goggle and most of the offerings are Pinterest I don’t hit on them because of the waste of time of getting 100’s of dead ends.  Most of the time when I goggle I am looking for inspiration rather then step by step.

• Like 1

I am! (My username is daintysquid, in case anyone wants to know)

I find that Pinterest is like most other things- it can be a useful tool, or a time-sucking distraction.

I do spend time on there looking for recipes, painting techniques, ideas for dollhouses, etc. but I actually TRY the things that I look up and pin. I don't just pin a bunch of stuff and never look at it again. If something doesn't work, I delete it. If it works, then I keep it as a resource.

But I will say that if I need expert advice on dh/mini stuff, I come here first.

Yes, I am  and I think my name is laughingstamper on Pinterest. I get a great deal of inspiration by pinning photos and have many boards. I have so many relating to miniatures that I have sub categories for miniatures. I pin to my main mini board if I am in a hurry and then categorize it from there. I find it a quick way to learn about a new interest too. It is a very helpful tool.