Itty Bitty Food

MiniMaven

I vaguely remember making a tin can stove in Brownies, back when dinosaurs still wandered through the neighborhood.  Fuel was a clean, empty tuna can we cut strips of corrugated cardboard to fit and coiled to fill, then soaked with paraffin.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I vaguely remember making a tin can stove in Brownies, back when dinosaurs still wandered through the neighborhood.  Fuel was a clean, empty tuna can we cut strips of corrugated cardboard to fit and coiled to fill, then soaked with paraffin.

I must be from the Jurassic Age as well.  I remember making the same thing.  And I think it actually worked!

36 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

I must be from the Jurassic Age as well.  I remember making the same thing.  And I think it actually worked!

As long as you started out with the really greasy godawful ground beef burger to get the surface greasy.

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

4 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Me, too. Girl Scout project. I can still smell the melted paraffin. As I recall, constructing the stove was more satisfying than the food it produced.

30 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Me, too. Girl Scout project. I can still smell the melted paraffin. As I recall, constructing the stove was more satisfying than the food it produced.

Agreed.  I still don't like ground beef!

6 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Agreed.  I still don't like ground beef!

I think we did grilled cheese sandwiches. Two pieces of bread buttered on the outside, slab of cheese in between. Melted cheese then stuck to cooking surface of the can, a bear to clean off later.  I don't remember cooking beef on it.

Actually those can stoves are still popular except they would burn the dollhouse down. 

Candle stove is metal and actually dollhouse size . You can put a tea light candle in them. They advertise them as keeping a mug warm but someone in Asia used a dollhouse with doll dishes and cooks mini meals on one. Needless to say those videos went viral. It looks good till this giant hand comes into frame.