Has anyone ordered from Bespaq Direct?

Inge

Well, I did it! I ordered the white Versailles bedroom set directly from Bespaq. Only problem is, they don't have a phone number and  do not respond to emails which they ask you to send to correspond with them.  So, sent an email asking for the dimensions of each piece as they are not on the website. No response. Ordered the set as I was scared there wasn't more than one set and someone else would buy it. At the bottom of the order there was a comment section where I again asked for dimensions. No respond. Received the invoice saying if I had questions to contact them by email which I again did. No response.  Not impressed. Has anyone else had this problem? I only bought the bed, night table and armoire. Love it.

versaillesbedroom.jpg

• Like 1

How long have you been waiting for a response? I ordered from them on eBay once and communication was slow. I don't have the emails anymore but I think it was over a week from when I asked the question to when I got a response (long enough that I almost disputed the order with eBay). When I finally heard back they said they'd been away at a show. It worked out okay in the end.

If you Google "bespaq corporation" you'll get a phone number. I don't know if that's the correct number, but worth a try if you're worried and want to try calling them.

9 minutes ago, fov said:

How long have you been waiting for a response? I ordered from them on eBay once and communication was slow. I don't have the emails anymore but I think it was over a week from when I asked the question to when I got a response (long enough that I almost disputed the order with eBay). When I finally heard back they said they'd been away at a show. It worked out okay in the end.

If you Google "bespaq corporation" you'll get a phone number. I don't know if that's the correct number, but worth a try if you're worried and want to try calling them.

I had the same issues multiple times. They are very poor communication. The upside is they refunded excess postage which ni-one does these days.

Bespaq has always had poor customer service even back when Pit was still with us.  I remember hearing complaints from mini shop owners all the time.  Recently Shawn (Pit's nephew and Bespaq owner) told me it is just him and his mother working in the business and "they are always playing catch up".  I seriously doubt you are going to get a response asking for the measurements but have no fear you will receive your order.  I buy regularly from their website and on ebay and have always received my orders in a timely fashion and perfectly packed.

Their eBay feedback is less than stellar. I did order once and didn't have a problem except my item was broken. I worked in a shop that sold a lot of bespaq so that didn't surprise me..some of their items are so thin and fine (that's why we like them) breakage is common. 

Can u do a google search for that set and see if someone else has measurements listed? 

I have to echo the statement that Bespaq is notoriusly slow to respond to emails and phone calls. I used to carry more Bespaq in my store than anyone else, and even then, whenever I had a problem or a special order it could take a week or two for Shawn to get back to me. He'd always make things good, but the wait was aggravating.

Thanks everyone for the Bespaq feedback.  Good to know for future reference.  Seriously, their products are not cheap, couldn't they at least hire someone just for the correspondence?

Valerie:   THANK YOU!!!!

I had looked at another bedroom set and both the bed and armoire were 9" high and that is the height of the room and if it's not quite straight I will have problems. I'll sleep better tonight knowing the dimensions, you know, as long as they aren't sending a 1:24 scale. lol

7 hours ago, Inge said:

Seriously, their products are not cheap, couldn't they at least hire someone just for the correspondence?

They did. I used to talk to him over the phone. He quit, not being able to get timely communications from Shawn drove him crazy.

• Like 1

I ordered from Bespaq Direct about a month ago. My order never came, there was no correspondence stating that the item I ordered was out of stock, etc. However, I can say that they promptly refunded my credit card. When I saw the credit from them, I just assumed this meant that the bed I wanted was unavailable.

After 5 emails and leaving two phone messages to which I received no response I was credited on my paypal for my Bespaq order after a week of placing the order. I then received an email from Shawn saying the bedroom was sold out.  Funny, it wasn't sold out when I ordered it and they did take my money.  I'm disappointed.  Only one other miniature store has it but they want about $300.00usd more for the set.

Inge, I am sorry to hear this but not surprised.  It happens to me all the time when buying (or trying to buy) off the website they do not keep it updated.   Even after you get the dreaded email that your items are sold out they still do not update the site - drives me crazy.

Hi Heidi: Thanks for the tip. Would you believe I just saw it this morning...pretty expensive, almost double the Bespaq one. In the meantime I have a lead on another set which looks almost identical.

Something you all need to know. For expensive miniatures from Bespaq or JBM, just because a website has them listed for sale doesn't neccessarily mean they have it. A lot of them just order them from the maker when they get an order from a buyer. If you really want a hard to find item contact the store to be sure they have it. I recall that Mountain Miniatures would list items they actually had, which is a good thing.